Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So Renegade Games dropped a slew of upcoming Product info for Power Rangers and other Hasbro properties coming.

Start with the deck builder game.
Two small box expansion, that needs one of the other big box DBG games like the MMPR or Zeo sets, coming up is the Omega Forever expansion and the RPM Get in Gear expansion. The Omega Forever expansion is based on the Initial Omega Ranger storyline from the Boom comics with them vs the Annointed. And ya RPM vs Venjix in the RPM set.

Next up for use with both Heroes of the Grid and the RPG they have a Zordon Dice Tower coming that has a Command Center Cardboard screen that doubles as a GM screen for the RPG players.

The next Heroes of the Grid Expansions after the upcoming Time Force Rangers and Merciless Minions (a cog and cyclobot pack) are slated to be "Light and Darkness" focused on Rangers that have dual good and evil sides. Playable Rangers for Mystic Forces Leanbow, Wild Forces Lunar Wolf, Jungle Fury Black Lion Jarrod, Dino Charge Heckyl/Dark Ranger, and Overdrive's Mercury Ranger along side their evil forms to fight against. Koragg, Zen-Aku ,Dai Shi, Snide, and Tyzonn's monster form, as well as Rinshi foot soldiers and Rinshi Beast "Elite" Soldiers which the Elite part will be something new to the game.

But let's keep adding villains with it's companion set! Villain pack #5 is Terror Through Time which adds Ransik, Frax, Trakeena, Deker and Vrak to fight against.

The Preorder campaign for Light and Darkness and Villain pack 5 will come in May. Bonuses in the campaign will include an Errata card pack to replace cards that haven't geled with gameplay well and fix misprints, A Silver Psycho Mini as an alternate to the already out In Space Silver, and a new Power Board that has some recessed places you can plug in tokens and figures in fo they don't get knocked over as easily

And on to the RPG. There will be smaller Miniatures available for the RPG starting with a pack that has the 7 normal MMPR Rangers, Zeo Pink, Red, and Blue, as wel as Turbo Green and Yellow. All are cast in gray and unpainted.

Then there will be an accessory pack that comes with a bunch of Stat cards, Map tiles and cardboard standees that are made specifically for the the adventures in the core Rulebook already out and the adventure that comes with the GM screen (non Zordon dice tower one).

Another 4 chapter adventure book "Adventures in Angel Grove" is up for preorder too. Primarily for early level 1-5 Rangers.

Last thing up for Preorder is an Character Journal which acts as a fancy Character sheet booklet. (Every Hasbro RPG is getting one like this)

Word is they also have new books coming later this year for In Space and Lost Galaxy and a Villains booklet.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
What’s Green and White and kinda goatee evil doppelgänger?

5C48E1A9-7DAC-4E5A-AC0E-72A99C9882F5.png

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Also had a 2 pack MMPR Yellow Jason and Red Trini from the one comic they swapped colors. Both are shared exclusives between Pulse and GameStop.

Paladin

Citizen
surprising ABSOLUTELY NOBODY, the second entry in the Zord Ascension Project is the Dragonzord.

A nice reminder that TFs are the only line suffering from leaks...

Attachments

• ZAP MegaDragonzord.jpg
    ZAP MegaDragonzord.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 79

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Lightning Collection Red Ecliptor!

Paladin

Citizen
so today's Fan First stream for PR revealed the ZAP Dragonzord, confirmed the Lord Drakkon helmet & announced a Lightning Collection Power Sword.

They called it quits after thirteen minutes.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
so today's Fan First stream for PR revealed the ZAP Dragonzord, confirmed the Lord Drakkon helmet & announced a Lightning Collection Power Sword.

They called it quits after thirteen minutes.

What’s Green and White and kinda goatee evil doppelgänger?

View attachment 4942

Also a two-pack of Boom! Comics Yellow Jason and Red Trini figures.

Also had a 2 pack MMPR Yellow Jason and Red Trini from the one comic they swapped colors. Both are shared exclusives between Pulse and GameStop.
You guys don't say..... hmmmmmmm. Seems a tad familiar

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Over in the comics side of things, Boom's getting ready to celebrate the comics' 100th issue!

Mighty Morphin 23 in September will be labeled the 100th issue.

They aren't counting Go Go in the tally, I guess, otherwise the 100th issue would have been a while ago. Never mind any of the Mini-series and crossovers and specials and one shots and OGNs.

Last edited:

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
announced a Lightning Collection Power Sword.

Yikes; $70 more than the Legacy Collection Power Sword (which I'm glad to have). It looks very similar, though some of the minor detailing looks to be a little different (assuming the one in the photos on HasbroPulse is representative of their final product), and it has the same light-up feature as the Lightning Collection Dragon Dagger and comes with a stand (though there users on Etsy that make great display stands or wall mounts for the various MMPR replica weaponry).

On the whole, this looks much closer to its Legacy Collection equivalent than the either the Morpher or Dragon Dagger. The Legacy Collection replicas of thoes two, the Morpher in particular, seemed to be designed by someone thinking "what would these things look like and be made out of if they were actual real-life artifacts and not the plastic toys used for the show?", whereas the Lightning Morpher was more screen-accurate without the metal parts and whatnot.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro's really making use of their lightsaber toy expertise to keep making light-up versions of these roleplay blades. I'm glad that options like these are available without the pretentious Super Grown-up Collectible with Real Metal Parts Because Metal, at least.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
All this month, Linkara is taking a break from Atop the Fourth Wall to focus all his time and energy into completing more of his YouTube-friendly revised versions of History of Power Rangers.

Today, he has uploaded the new version of History of Power Rangers Time Force:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Double-posting to say that I made a comment on that video earlier today and Linkara actually replied to me!

In the video, he mentions his confusion over Eric's decision to leave town in "Destiny Defeated" and his subsequent change in personality wherein he is less rude to the other rangers (something Linkara had previously mentioned in his original version of this Time Force retrospective from back in 2010).

I commented to explain that both of these stemmed from a deleted scene that was removed from either "Fight Against Fate" or "Destiny Defeated":

And Linkara replied with:
...Goddamn they should have left that in.
I had no idea that he didn't know about this scene (especially given how old the video is by now).

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well not everyone is aware of everything they are a fan of at time. I can say I wasn't aware of it either, but Power Rangers is a more casual fandom for me. But ya that really should of been kept in the episode.

MrBlud

Citizen
Hasbro's really making use of their lightsaber toy expertise to keep making light-up versions of these roleplay blades. I'm glad that options like these are available without the pretentious Super Grown-up Collectible with Real Metal Parts Because Metal, at least.

Counterpoint: If I’m paying $220 it damn well better be a pretentious Super Grown-up Collectible with real metal parts because metal.

$60 light up plastic sword? Less so.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All this month, Linkara is taking a break from Atop the Fourth Wall to focus all his time and energy into completing more of his YouTube-friendly revised versions of History of Power Rangers.

Today, he has uploaded the new version of History of Power Rangers Time Force:

I have no idea when/if I'll get to watch this, but any particularly noteworthy differences?

Top Bottom