X-Men '97 - continuation of 1992 Animated Series

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMN WOW WOW

10/10 BEST EP OF X-MEN EVER!

Top 10 eps of a cartoon ever

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think I see the end game:
When Cable slid back in time, he said "HE is coming". Not "they", not "it", HE. I think the big villain will be revealed as Apocalypse, using the TriSentinel to kickstart his grand human/mutant war

AgentOrange

Citizen
I think I see the end game:
When Cable slid back in time, he said "HE is coming". Not "they", not "it", HE. I think the big villain will be revealed as Apocalypse, using the TriSentinel to kickstart his grand human/mutant war
There was no time travel. That was teleportation.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
There was no time travel. That was teleportation.
Cable has never been shown to use a teleporter in the series, nor has he been established as being a permanent resident in the “present”. He’s only ever shown up in brief excursions to the past.

The animation even lines up with how time portals were sometimes shown in the original series.

Shadewing

Citizen
Cable has never been shown to use a teleporter in the series, nor has he been established as being a permanent resident in the “present”. He’s only ever shown up in brief excursions to the past.

The animation even lines up with how time portals were sometimes shown in the original series.

Even the little rectangle on his arm is part of his time travel device, unless I am severely misremembering.

AgentOrange

Citizen

Confidently incorrect. He's been shown to use a teleporter exactly like this. 3 times in one episode even. 2x8 Time Fugitives Part 2. Body Slide by one to intercept Bishop, Body Slide to HQ, Body Slide by two with Wolverine. And as he's dragged away this episode, Body Slide one. BODY slide. Not time slide. And when he has been show time travelling in 92, the computer call was vectoring for trans-time injection.

Body sliding has always been teleportation, evidence from the 92 series aside I'll let Cable 12 and Cable 102 spell it out for you.
Screenshot_20240411-014149.png
Screenshot_20240411-014255~2.png

Last edited:

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Beautiful episode that evoked a lot of emotions. X-Men at its best and TV at its best. Writing, acting, directing, animation, music, and everything else is astonishingly fantastic.

Dvandom

Citizen
Hurm. While it looked like a Tri-Sentinel kaiju, it sure didn't do anything but Moar Firepower. No attempts to neutralize opponents, not even awareness of their abilities...else it wouldn't have let Gambit stay touching it. It felt more like someone or something took a bunch of disabled Sentinels and cobbled together their own thing from the parts rather than this being an evolution of the Sentinels themselves...the deployed "regular" Sentinels were even easier to beat than the janky junkyard ones from the start of the season. I suspect shenanigans in general.

ETA: I agree with the Magneto and Leech theory, though.

---Dave

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I've been floored by this show... while it's blatantly much more sexy than the old show, the implementation of Comic storylines is still top notch. also can't wait to see what's going on with Storm and Forge

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm not sure I'd call it side stuff, its not picking up from last week; but its setting up the second half of the season.

Lifedeath pt 2

I think my biggest annoyance here, is that when all the other are Earth Bashing, or deriding Xaiver not giving up the X-men... he doesn't even remind them how the X-men helped the Shi'ar, helped over throw D'Ken and how they managed to quell Pheonix and thus help save the universe. There whole empire continues, thanks to the X-men. I feel for all of Xavier's talk about unity not bringing up how the X-men they want him to forget has vastly aided their Empire and showed what happens if they do work togeather.. My other hope is that by the end of this they don't revert Magneto so soon, I would like to see more of his hero stint and him trying to work with Xavier in season 2.

Storm's side I am once again a bit annoyed by doesn't get a full episode to explore, but at least the two narrative here kinda mirror each other. So they work better then smashing it up with Motendo. But we transfer from her Punk look, that I'll kinda miss to one of my favorite outfits of hers. I always felt her powers would return this season; but a part of me wishes they'd not return this episode. There were still some good storylines from her powerless era that could be adapted; with her finding worth in herself regardless of powers and even helping the X-men despite her lack of them. In the comics during this period she takes Leadership away from Cyclops since at that time he was startign to become unreasonable... and I feel like they are still going that way with the interview fiasco as seeds. I just kinda feel that it would be more interesting for her powers to return in the 3 part finale, to give her a chance to prove that she's still Storm without them for a few episodes while she helps handle the crisis rather then them coming back instantly on accepting her faults.

Both sides of this are important to the narrative, even if its not picking up directly where last week left off.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
sidestuff LOL... Storm's new (old) costume is great... Deathbird is all the magenta - and she kicks Ronin's ass, Subtle way to show what the mcu lost out on by not having access to the fox owned characters back in the day.

anywho... could have used a bit more 'tell' and less 'show' on the storm side of the episode, and the classroom setting was a little silly in the chuck side of the ep, but still for what it was... it was good.

I've got a feeling Sinister being the front man on this is a red herring... this entire thing is screaming at me "we're setting up for Age of Apocalypse" as Season 2

Top Bottom