What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Paladin

Citizen
Early voting in the Georgia runoff between two black men is suspended that Saturday due to a state holiday for the birth of Robert E Lee.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
giphy-187226780.gif

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Trumps political career is pretty much dead: the king is quite obviously naked and ugly crying about it.

BUT! Trump will still announce his presidential bid tomorrow. Because he thinks running for president will protect him from his looming legal obliteration. The upshot is that the deniers will be quickly shutting their gobs about it, even if they're still fascists that need to be outed and removed.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Our dream scenario is one where Trump declares tomorrow, gets defeated for the nomination, and then immediately starts the MAGA party. And Joe Biden moonwalks into a second term as DeSantis and Trump split the conservative vote.

Sadly this dream will come with a few dozen MAGA idiots in Congress but they can be ostracized and ignored.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And then that becomes the catalyst for the surviving Republicans (in coalition with any MAGA Party members who actually make it in, which I'd expect to see a roughly equal number of actually) begging for more states to switch to ranked-choice ballots.

The question is whether the Democrats will have the decency to say yes, or will they let their new status as a permanent supermajority party go to their heads?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm talking about doing it in 2024 when we've somehow conned Donald into running a 3rd party campaign complete with all his MAGA idiot friends on the ballot splitting the conservative vote. In which case we'd be elected in a sub 40% landslide and they'd each emerge with a handful of seats.

Think Ross Perot in 92, but with an entire downticket to split the Republican vote.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
If Donald runs in the Republican primary and loses to DeSantis, wouldn't that only give him a few months before the election? I'm skeptical that he would be able to form a party in time to run senate and house candidates everywhere.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
If he thinks it'll either protect him from legal recourse, or give him an opportunity to steal millions from the ignorant, then he'll do it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he LITERALLY threatens to do it tomorrow.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Oh sure, I can see him trying, I'm just doubting the idea of him being able to organize candidates for the house and senate for his new party in time.

Though given how much of a knife-edge balance there is, he might only need candidates in a few states to swing things the Democrats' way.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Oh, of course he's going to fail at it: he's compulsive loser. The point isn't to get people into seats: it's to separate people from their dosh. And before he gets called on it, he'll have stolen another hundred million from the public.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Oh, he won't actually bother to start a party; he'll just demand to be on the ballot under either "The Trump Party" or just independent without bothering to do more than the minimum requirement of paperwork. And then the most well-funded of his allies who lost the primary will follow suit. I don't know what the ones who won the primary will do; maybe if they won by a huge margin they'll feel safe changing their party affiliation... it depends on what the rules are. If someone drops out of the party after winning the nomination, can their old party even re-nominate the runner-up to replace them? Does it even matter? Based on what's been happening in Alaska, as long as they're a registered Republican, they might be able to get on the ballot as one regardless of what the party leadership actually decides.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Fuentes has been very open about his desire to see a “white uprising” in the United States that will install former President Donald Trump as a dictator, cancel all future elections, and impose Christian fascism throughout the country, allowing for women to be burned at the stake.

During a Wednesday night livestream, Fuentes admitted that the election results showed that his agenda is wildly unpopular and therefore the only way he can achieve his goals for this nation is by literal force.

“We are in the minority,” he continued. “There are not as many of us as there are of them. If they all had to vote, if you forced every man and woman in America to vote, there would be more of them than us by a lot. That’s why they win the popular vote. That’s why they win the House. That’s why it is the way it is. And I hate to burst anybody’s bubble, but there is simply no evidence that there is a silent majority. There is no evidence of this. There are too many non-white people in the country, frankly, for that to be the case.”

“When you look at these things like abortion, it’s popular,” Fuentes added. “And you can thank the Jewish media for that. Abortion is popular, sodomy is popular, being gay is popular, being a feminist is popular, sex out of wedlock is popular, contraceptives—it’s all popular at all. That’s not to say it’s good. That’s not to say I like that. Popular means that people support it, which they do. It sucks, and it is what it is, but that’s why we need a dictatorship. That’s unironically why we need to get rid of all that. We need to take control of the media or take control of the government and force the people to believe what we believe or force them to play by our rules and reshape the society.”

Top Bottom