What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen

NovaSaber

Citizen
He also disagreed with exceptions for rape and incest in abortion bans, implying that victims of assault deserved what happened to them under Charles Darwin's "survival of the fittest" evolutionary theory.

“You know what that argument reminds me of? It reminds me of the argument about seat belts," he told the East Carolinian. "I can always remember there would be one person who would say ‘what if I get stuck on the railroad tracks and my seat belt won’t come off.’ Number one, if you are stuck on the train tracks, that is Darwin. That’s not any of my concern, that is Darwin. I cannot help you.”
Creationists would nutpick/quote-mine this to death if they weren't also all anti-abortion absolutists.

Paladin

Citizen
UCLA's gone full mask-off.

Attachments

• UCLA GOP.png
    UCLA GOP.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 44

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
UCLA != Republicans at UCLA. It's a minority faction of students and faculty at that institution. Also what do they mean by white? This country has persecuted every ethnic group that has immigrated here in large numbers, not to mention the indigenous populations who were here BEFORE the English, Dutch, French and Germans showed up.

Autobubbs

Citizen
UCLA != Republicans at UCLA. It's a minority faction of students and faculty at that institution. Also what do they mean by white? This country has persecuted every ethnic group that has immigrated here in large numbers, not to mention the indigenous populations who were here BEFORE the English, Dutch, French and Germans showed up.

Like they want to acknowledge any of that. As far as they're concerned White America has never done any wrong, and they'll instantly play the victim card whenever called out on it.

Attachments

• Conservativevictimcard.jpg
    Conservativevictimcard.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 34

Ironbite4

Citizen
Hey Lauren Boebert, how goes your quest to unseat Ken Buck from Col4? I mean this is coming after the announcement that he's quitting on Friday that is turning what should've been a cut and dried primary into an utter shit show?

Oh....that bad huh? Well I'm sure Ken has something to say as he goes out right Ken?

Ironbite-.......oh.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Trump has so polarized the population... the world... that something that would have once been a care taker president re-election will become a literally HISTORIC shit show.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I could legitimately see a scenario where Trump wins the presidency but he can't actually do shit because the Democrats managed to retake the House at the same time. Well, can't do shit legally anyway; he's already announced his intention to declare himself dictator the second he's sworn in, but good luck getting that to stick.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
The Dems retook they House in 2018 and he was still able to do a boatload of damage from the White House, and that was with a modicum of restraint because he was thinking about re-election.

Axaday

Citizen
Trump really wasn't getting legislation done even when he had the majority. They got one big piece of legislation. Very little of my worries about Trump have anything to do with signing bills.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, that was nearly 8 years ago, the CURRENT crop of Republican politicians in Congress are far more likely to be yes-men to Trump than the group who was their in 2017.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They've had seven years to watch the cult grow more and more overtly violent. It's a split between being afraid of them, or being ready and willing to use them against their opponents.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
You misunderstand, that's only the one side of the coin: they are afraid of the cult so they might as well use it against their opponents. The only person who isn't afraid to flip that coin and find out what horrors await on tails is trump and he won't, he doesn't need to. By the time he needs to flip the coin: the cult will have abandoned him, either by dying off, or by trump failing so spectacularly that he loses faces with them, and then there's nothing left to flip.

As long as you all drag out your friends and family, and vote blue down ticket: trump loses in november and takes the GOP with him. By the new year, any one willing to claim the title of republican will be a cultist tied to a complete loser and failure and (this is the important bit.) entirely incapable of major fund raising. WHEN trump loses in november he's going to crash and burn and the big ticket donours will bail because the republicans won't be a good investment anymore. They aren't now, but the corporates will need the election as proof.

It won't be the end of trump and his cult, they'll still exist, but pushed so far to the back of political relevancy that they might as well be a late night infomercial. And when trump is finally convicted of something that merits jail time, one of his idiot kids will attempt to take up being the cult leader, **** that up as always, and the whole thing collapses. Probably by summer 2025.

It's a marathon of insanity, and we're actually in the home stretch. Make sure you're registered to vote, help friends and family to do the same. Make sure they all have a way to get to the polls and vote blue all the way down. There's a better america out the other side of this.

Top Bottom