What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Bainreese

Citizen

I am just beside myself. This guy is disgusting. Not even a college graduate but can call women who graduated college and at the top of their classes… ‘didn’t have enough brain power to get in without affirmative action’. Just ripe.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Or democrats, or clouds (excuse me, the portal to hell over the white house.) or some equally ludicrous shit, because apparently all mum-ra looking ******* shits bags in government are apparently ******* adonii.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) continues to face blowback for her decision to show naked pictures of President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden at a House Oversight Committee hearing last week, and now she’s arguing that it was OK to show the pictures in Congress because LGBTQ+ kids exist.

image.png

What does he think beer is made from?

NovaSaber

Citizen

House Bill 2127 passed the state Legislature and Gov. Greg Abbott promptly signed it into law on June 14. The bill, which goes into effect in September, strips construction workers in Austin and Dallas of the right to water breaks every four hours and time to rest in the shade while on the job.

The new law comes as Texas endured three straight weeks of high humidity and triple-digit temperatures in June. Such intense and long-lasting heat waves are expected to become more common in a warming world, climate scientists have said.

Backlash to the legislation is mounting. Earlier this week, the city of Houston filed a lawsuit that seeks to block the state law and have it declared “unconstitutional.”

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Some cultures drink fermented horse milk, which is slightly alcoholic, outside of that, I'm not sure.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Mead would be one step removed from plants -- bees make honey from pollen, then we ferment the honey -- but that's about it, I'd think.

Ungnome

Citizen
Heh, forgot about mead. Pretty much every non-plant based alcoholic beverage(or at least the two I know of) is one step removed from plants, really. Kumis starts as horse milk and horses eat plants, after all.

Paladin

Citizen

Ungnome

Citizen
Worst part is they are only shutting down certain libraries. Other schools in the same district get to keep their libraries. Looks like they are basing it on test scores, closing the libraries in schools with lower literacy rates(which I can almost guarantee are all in lower income areas). It's a direct attack on lower class citizens and quite abhorrent. The superintendent should be shot out of a cannon into the sun for the ENTIRE proposal.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I literally would not have survived school if it weren't for my school libraries. I mean it.

The libraries in these schools might be some student's only opportunity to engage a single neuron throughout the whole school day. Take that away and there will be students who just give up.

Cybersnark

Citizen

Top Bottom