What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Most of the people who currently have crushing student loan debt aren't eligible to use the GI bill benefits to pay it down given the way the GI bill is worded. You can use them to pay down loans, but only if you enroll for the benefits BEFORE you have the debt essentially.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

If you didn't complain about paying for Trump's PPP business loans, Trump's massive tax cuts for the rich, Trump's trade-war tariffs, Trump's handouts for farmers affected by his trade war, and Trump's idiotic border wall, then please STFU about Biden making you pay for other peoples' student loans.

Ungnome

Citizen
One can only hope that rese rejected Trump toadies end up splitting the Republican vote resulting in a few more Dem wins.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Hold on. Loomer was running against a guy named "Daniel Webster"?

Did I already make a "The Devil and Daniel Webster" joke? There's so much low-hanging fruit these days that I'm forgetting which ones I've picked.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Also, Singer should be careful; I think Twitter's rules consider reposting any statements made by banned users to be "ban evasion" even if you're posting it to make fun of them.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The violence is gonna come either way, I fear.

It's inevitable at this point. The GQP's "faces" are all busy trying to outrace each other in lighting yet another match in the room full of gunpowder because they're addicted to the attention/revenue stream such antics provide.

I'm still trying to figure out if they're so slackjawed and moronic as to believe their rhetoric will never provoke a response, or if they just assume other people will be the ones doing the dying.

Ungnome

Citizen
Only problem is, once a mob has been unleashed you can never be 100% certain it won't circle around and kill the one who unleashed it. All it takes is for them to slip up and say ONE wrong thing.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
That depends entirely on your point of view.

Oh, I don't mean about the mob, you're absolutely correct. I mean about the "wrong" thing. Cause, from our perspectives: they have been spouting nothing but wrong things for literal ******* decades.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Of course, the people inciting the mobs all live in fortified mansions with private security details, in addition to their ownership of the police and military.

Any mob that tries to turn on them will be wiped out.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The mob that's being slowly thrown under the bus while the instigators haven't really suffered any lasting repercussions? While at the same time being martyred as victims of a "witch hunt" to keep Good Ol' Patriots down?

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Of course, the people inciting the mobs all live in fortified mansions with private security details, in addition to their ownership of the police and military.

Police yes. The Military? No. And the Police aren't exactly covering themselves in glory since one active shooter in a school is enough to paralyze an entire department in fear for over an hour while parents independently go in and collect kids.

And ironically, a big concern for the uber-wealthy? Maintaining the personal loyalty of their security staff. Something that's actually quite difficult to do with a group that treats everyone who is not them as disposable background NPCs at the best of times.

Pretty much they've calculated mostly liberals will die.

Thankfully, the GQP's disdain for public education has ensured they are delightfully bad at math in that regard. I'll take my chances with the liberals while the Gravy Seals' poor trigger discipline blow their nuts off.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

Back in 2016, Trump said his plan for reducing America's debt was to simply "discount" it. Yes, he actually used the word "discount", as if he could take a Walmart price gun and say "America's debt: was $19 trillion, now just $15 trillion!"

In other words, he figured he would knock a few trillion off America's debt by simply ... refusing to pay it. And his supporters voted for this imbecile.

Keep that in mind as those same supporters today pretend to believe that student loans cannot be even partially forgiven because debt is sacrosanct. They do NOT believe in the sanctity of debt. If they did, they never would have voted for the orange bankruptcy king.

Top Bottom