What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

NovaSaber

Citizen
I don't know, there are so many threads this is relevant to, it mentions enough Republicans that I'm picking this one:

A growing Christian supremacist movement that labels its perceived enemies as “demonic” and enjoys close ties to major Republican figures is “the greatest threat to American democracy you’ve never heard of,” according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
The SPLC, a civil rights organization that monitors extremist groups, released its “Year In Hate And Extremism 2023” report on Tuesday. A significant portion of the report, which tracked burgeoning anti-democratic and neo-fascist movements and actors across America, is devoted to the New Apostolic Reformation, “a new and powerful Christian supremacy movement that is attempting to transform culture and politics in the U.S. and countries across the world into a grim authoritarianism.”
Emerging out of the charismatic evangelical tradition, the NAR adheres to a form of Christian dominionism, meaning its parishioners believe it’s their divine duty to seize control of every political and cultural institution in America, transforming them according to a fundamentalist interpretation of scripture.
NAR adherents also believe in the existence of modern-day “apostles” and “prophets” — church leaders endowed by God with supernatural abilities, including the power to heal. In 2022, a handful of these “apostles,” the report notes, issued what they called the Watchman Decree, an anti-democratic document envisioning the end of a pluralistic society in America.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
I don't know, there are so many threads this is relevant to, it mentions enough Republicans that I'm picking this one:

The NAR and any other Christofascist cults who think like them are the most evil and by far the most dangerous force in the country. The establishment GOP, the alt-right idiots cosplaying as Nazis, and even Cheeto Mussolini himself are playing with fire; they think they can use the NAR to gain power, but it's really the other way around. The MAGA GOP, or at least the members of it who don't believe in NAR (including Cheeto Mussolini himself) are nothing but extremely useful idiots for these bloodthirsty monsters. When they don't need Cheeto Mussolini anymore, they'll throw him and anyone else who isn't enough of a "true believer" under the bus. And then they'll turn on us.

These "people," if you can call them that, are fully convinced that they're doing God's work, and that their enemies are literally demonic. They can't be talked down or reasoned with any more than you can reason with a rabid animal. They want all of us dead, and by hell or high water they'll do their damnedest to commit the "God-Ordained" Holocaust their decrepit old "prophets" dream of.

As evil as Cheeto Mussolini is, if he wins, he'll be remembered less as a tyrant on the level of history's greatest monsters and more as the malicious, bumbling imbecile who paved the way for a twisted theocracy run by the actual monsters.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
The confident triumphalism of conservatives over the results of Covid social distancing is pissing me off. No, you were not proven right. No, social distancing was not a failure. Social distancing prevented large numbers of Covid infections, and therefore large numbers of deaths.

How do we know this? We know it because Covid is spread in exactly the same manner as the flu, and flu infections went down to record lows during the period of social distancing.

Let me repeat this again: SOCIAL DISTANCING WORKED. It saved lives. The conservatives who claim it didn't do anything are morons. The conservatives who go even further and use it as an indictment of the entire medical establishment are even bigger morons.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'm unironically shocked that this would even register as one of her more infamous moments. I don't even know who she is; I just saw "Fox News" and just assumed that dangerously unhinged and spouting misinformation is her default state.

Top Bottom