What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Softened it for the "normies"? isn't that what you were just complaining about with the newer series?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Softened it for the "normies"? isn't that what you were just complaining about with the newer series?
The new CGI series has softened it for babies. Masters of the Universe was never for the babies and infants.

They went way, way too far.

Revelation and 200x went too far the other way; they made it for adults not the kids.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Filmation was the perfect balance:

Just look at the pedigree of writers Filmation had. I think most of the famous sci-fi writers like J. Michael Stracieski who wrote the “Origin of the Sorceress” can trace their origins back to the He-man Filmation cartoon series.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’m not convinced you even saw a single episode of the CGI series. ‘Cause those villain transformations are NOT for babies…
I watched all three seasons of the He-man CGI cartoon. CGI was not the way to go. The CGI technology is still too unrealistic and hard on the eyes. The look of 3D animation has not improved enough from the days of Claymation.

Also, the video game theme has too narrow of an appeal to reach the masses, the “normies. “
Revelation made the right choice to stick with 2D animation. It’s just Kevin Smith did not get Filmation Masters of the Universe. He would have done well to track down the Filmation artists, musicians, writers, and animators that were working at Filmation during the 1983-1984 time period.

But what did I expect, he obviously despised Filmation and wanted to put his own stamp on the brand instead of going back to the tried and true.

No matter what explanation I try to give it will be insufficient and fall short. I wish I I could just do this:

so you’d know exactly what I’m thinking.

NovaSaber

Citizen
And keep the Barbie team at Mattel the hell away from Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power. They killed the line in the 80’s by getting their grubby little hands on She-ra and ripping her away from Masters of the Universe.
It was Mattel higher-up executives, not the people who'd previously worked on Barbie, that set the limits on how far PoP could deviate from what was traditional for a "girls' line".

Nevermore

Citizen
No matter what explanation I try to give it will be insufficient and fall short. I wish I I could just do this:

so you’d know exactly what I’m thinking.
What does a random Transformers video have to do with the subject? Do you keep forgetting which thread you're in?

Hey ooo-baby, did Floro Dery create Transformers?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It was Mattel higher-up executives, not the people who'd previously worked on Barbie, that set the limits on how far PoP could deviate from what was traditional for a "girls' line".

She-ra was supposed to be part of the Masters of the Universe line but the Barbie team got jealous because Masters of the Universe beat out both Hot Wheels and Barbie. So they stole She-ra away from the Masters of the Universe team and made it separate and into a girl’s line which it was never supposed to be:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Revelation made the right choice to stick with 2D animation. It’s just Kevin Smith did not get Filmation Masters of the Universe. He would have done well to track down the Filmation artists, musicians, writers, and animators that were working at Filmation during the 1983-1984 time period.

But what did I expect, he obviously despised Filmation and wanted to put his own stamp on the brand instead of going back to the tried and true
Dude, practically ALL of the people who worked at Filmation are geriatric, meaning retired or DEAD. Half the original voice cast is DEAD. And of the other 3, only Alan Oppenheimer is still doing any notable voice work, and even THAT is much reduced over the past decade. The writers? Those still alive have moved to other projects and commitments.
What you are bitching about was IMPOSSIBLE to do, from the outset. Any existing writers would likely have their own commitments (syndicated cartoons were just another gig for most of them), and I’m pretty sure you’d be against any recasting at all.

Just because new content for Masters of the Universe isn’t slavish to a 40 year old cartoon doesn’t mean the people behind it despise it.
They just realize that tastes have changed and what worked FORTY YEARS AGO isn’t necessarily going to work today.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Besides, 1991's The Legend of Prince Valiant beats the pants off of Filmation's He-Man cartoon any day.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
In this day and age, you can turn the Filmation stock library (ie. all the animation cells, voices, music, backgrounds, character models, etc.) into 0’s and 1’s and get computer programmers to code and create entirely new seasons of Filmation He-man and She-ra. They did this in the 80’s to create Robotech and Voltron with much less technology.

Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power are on life support and the only way to bring them back is to digitize the love in the Filmation Library:

and a team of software developers and engineers under the creative direction of the remaining writers, directors, producers, artists, animators, composers, etc. to show them the way. There’s enough intelligence in them left to add to , grow, augment and complete the existing Filmation database. There would be enough intelligence in there to create a “Deep Blue-like” AI capable of generating Filmation He-man and She-ra episodes that are as good as those created by the original Filmation dream team.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power are on life support and the only way to bring them back is to digitize the love in the Filmation Library:
Explain this! Seriously, the last 4 years or so has seen Masters of the Universe come back from NOTHING to be in a, generally, stronger position than GI Joe, despite Hasbro putting a LOT more resources into various revival attempts. Mattel had, last year at least, THREE mass retail product lines focused on the Masters of the Universe brand.
Classics was always a niche thing, and Mattel even dumped the last 3 or 4 years of it on Super7 because MATTEL DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE ANYMORE PRODUCT FOR THE BRAND.

I can walk into any retail store and find more Masters of the Universe than I can GI Joe. How is THAT "life support".
and a team of software developers and engineers under the creative direction of the remaining writers, directors, producers, artists, animators, composers, etc. to show them the way. There’s enough intelligence in them left to add to , grow, augment and complete the existing Filmation database. There would be enough intelligence in there to create a “Deep Blue-like” AI capable of generating Filmation He-man and She-ra episodes that are as good as those created by the original Filmation dream team.
giphy.gif

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What the **** is this thread lmao.
Welcome to the wacky world of Duragrip (now named "ooo-baby"), a guy who has an unhealthy obsession with G1 Omega Supreme and Filmation's He-Man, who goes around from forum to forum making all kinds of silly threads full of ridiculous comments and asinine questions that tend to drive everyone nuts, until he eventually, ultimately, finally gets himself banned in the long run.

He's already been banned from at least TFW2005 and Seibertron back in 2015, and now, eight years later, he's resurfaced here under a brand new name.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Explain this! Seriously, the last 4 years or so has seen Masters of the Universe come back from NOTHING to be in a, generally, stronger position than GI Joe, despite Hasbro putting a LOT more resources into various revival attempts. Mattel had, last year at least, THREE mass retail product lines focused on the Masters of the Universe brand.
Classics was always a niche thing, and Mattel even dumped the last 3 or 4 years of it on Super7 because MATTEL DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE ANYMORE PRODUCT FOR THE BRAND.

I can walk into any retail store and find more Masters of the Universe than I can GI Joe. How is THAT "life support".

Then why has he-man.org been abandoned and the main He-man and She-ra podcasts stopped putting out episodes? Why has Power-Con been changed to just a generic Toy show. It looks like the torch bearers of the He- man and She-ra fandom have extinguished their flames.

Top Bottom