Urkel Saves Santa

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ehh. Doesn't look like anything special. No other returning character beside him and his robot. I am going to pass.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean... spongebob is still popular after like 20 years... urkel had like three years in the beginning of the 90's... Literally 30 years ago.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well, he is 25 years older. Here's what his Urkel voice sounded like in live-action two years ago when he appeared alongside Snoop Dogg:

(It's age-restricted because of language and smoking, so you need to watch it on YouTube directly)

For better audio quality, here's a snippit of that full clip:

And more information about this Snoop Dogg appearance here:

Shadewing

Citizen
My issue with this is that, its 90's Urkel. Only people that grew up in the 90's would know him. So I'd rather see a modern adult Urkel. Somewhere between Ernest and Doc Brown. Just this golden hearted, but incredibly annoying mad scientist that wants to do good in the world.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I mean Family Matters still airs in reruns, doesn't it?

I know it was back in the 2000s when I watched the show.

Warner cancels so much shit and yet this is what they keep

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Back in the 2000's... so twenty years ago?

Sister, I know how it feels, but it's almost 2024. I don't know where it all went. One minute I was watching TGIF and loving life, and now... just... ****... now... The only midlife crisis I can afford is watching bad youtube cuts of the end of "dinosaurs" and wondering whatever happened to jalael white and why can't they make more good sonic cartoons. (I mean, prime is awesome, but it took more than twenty ******* years!")

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's still on Hulu, along with Full House, Home Improvement, and Sabrina, while Boy Meets World is on Disney+.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I mean I’m probably not going to enjoy it immensely, but I’d rather get this over more Velma.

spikeriley

Citizen
TBH, I am neutral with animated Urkel. While it may not be original, the fact that they basically take the character and put him in a new universe is a better way to introduce kids to this 90's pop culture character than a sequel series in the vein of Fuller House and Girl Meets World (which were not liked by many fans of the series they were sequels to).

wonko the sane?

Citizen
But... why did they have to introduce him at all? I mean, was there even demand for this? What was the point?

Top Bottom