Transformers x Hot Wheels images leaked!

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
ysvsea.png

Slightly less shitty version of above meme

Deathy G1

Citizen
Well as a Transformers collector and a Hot Wheels collector, I had no choice but to get the transforming Optimus. I got my preorder in successfully. I've never bothered with the internet exclusive Hot Wheels stuff, but this was worth making an exception for.

Edit: Looks like it's sold out already. From what I hear, that's a thing with the online exclusive Hot Wheels. I hope that TF fans who wanted it had enough time to get a crack at it.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I hope that TF fans who wanted it had enough time to get a crack at it.

I'm sure that they didn't. I have read horror stories about the checkout feature of the Hot Wheels site (albeit mainly on TFW), and it seems that there were some...issues today.

I did not take the plunge but I think that it's a pretty cool collaboration, and I'm looking forward to seeing some video reviews of it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
When I worked at Target, we had the Hot Wheels Guys who were there every morning to check the toy aisles. Literally every morning. Then they'd go to the Walmart around the corner, then the other Target up the street, then wait for the Toys R Us to open. They had a set patrol route.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Damn, it was online only? No wonder they charged out the nose for it.

I wasn't hurting too bad over it before (more over the $300+ Missing Link Convoys on Amazon, that's another story), but yeah. That ain't for me.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am really glad it sold well though. Hopefully this encourages other collaboration in the future.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Be interesting to see some that go the other way, too. Like, standard Deluxe or Voyager sized transformers of some classic Hot Wheels designs.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What's an example of a classic Hot Wheels design?

I'm not a big Hot Wheels guy, so I'm not the best person to answer, but I'm familiar with a few that would probably be considered the most Hot Wheels of Hot Wheels:

HOT WHEELS.jpg

Deora, Twin Mill, Red Baron. I'm sure there are others that are the "Optimus/Megatron/Bumblebee/Starscream/Soundwave/Grimlock" of Hot Wheels.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think I used to own the one on the bottom there when I was a kid.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm not a big Hot Wheels guy, so I'm not the best person to answer, but I'm familiar with a few that would probably be considered the most Hot Wheels of Hot Wheels:

View attachment 21247

Deora, Twin Mill, Red Baron. I'm sure there are others that are the "Optimus/Megatron/Bumblebee/Starscream/Soundwave/Grimlock" of Hot Wheels.

The top one is Kup going to the beach, yes?

Top Bottom