Transformers Video Games Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's amazing how high effort WFC and FOC were. And then they never made a third one.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The Armada game on PS2 still holds up pretty well, although the ragdolling when you get knocked around was a bit excessive sometimes.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
6CB6314F-92BE-40EA-AEE6-CBE3331CEE59.jpeg

Let's not forget that this actually exists.

55583CA7-508E-4FD3-9AD5-937A72B2D5DF.jpeg

I wonder how much I could get on Ebay for it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Oh wow, I remember renting that.

I think I still have the Beast Wars Playstation game around here somewhere, too.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I bought it from Blockbuster when they were going out of business and were selling anything. I don't recall ever seeing it in stores, so I wonder if it was a rental only game that I only own now because I got it when they went out of business.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Armada game on PS2 still holds up pretty well, although the ragdolling when you get knocked around was a bit excessive sometimes.

The excessive ragdolling was the best part. There would be so many silly videos about it if the game came out today.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
It just got annoying to get punted halfway down a hill and take three or four minutes until Prime decided to stop flopping and get up again, just to get hit with a rocket and get ragdolled down the rest of the hill for good measure. Killed the pace of the game.

On the other hand, Megatron delivering a flying piledriver never got old.

Sjogre

Citizen
It's amazing how high effort WFC and FOC were. And then they never made a third one.
Basically true; Rise of the Dark Spark was a movie tie-in that didn't really continue the story of War and Fall. I know that ship has sailed, but I would have loved to see an actual Rise of Cybertron game.
The game was pretty hard generally. It's been ages since I last played it, but I could swear that it had fall damage in a platforming-heavy game, in addition to just having really beefy, hard hitting enemies.

Some incredible set pieces, though. The Tidal Wave level, for example.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
High Moon went on to make Deadpool, and were subsequently downsized significantly after, with the remaining staff, last I heard, providing support for Call of Duty (as all Activision studios were once fated to do).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I found my copy of the first Beast Wars game, for Windows. I always thought it was a demo because the levels never ended no matter what I did, but there is absolutely no indication of that anywhere.

I kinda want to try it again and see if I can finally figure out how to make the levels end, but I have no way of doing so. I need to get myself an old computer for this sort of thing.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One thing that game really got right was making the bots feel heavy. Even if it hurts you to ram enemies in vehicle mode, it's too satisfying to resist.

Top Bottom