Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, I stand corrected. The Authentics Bravo figures are a LOT bigger than Core class. I took shots of them next to several contemporary figures, and they are nearly as tall as Bumblebee/Bug Bite. I thought maybe they might be roughly the old Basic size, but they are even a little bigger than Energon Arcee, but slightly smaller than Cyberverse One-step Whirl. So, scale might be a little off, although maybe okay for Primal?

Attachments

• 20230106_224113.jpg
    20230106_224113.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230106_224124.jpg
    20230106_224124.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20230106_224131.jpg
    20230106_224131.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230106_224638.jpg
    20230106_224638.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 88

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, I stand corrected. The Authentics Bravo figures are a LOT bigger than Core class. I took shots of them next to several contemporary figures, and they are nearly as tall as Bumblebee/Bug Bite. I thought maybe they might be roughly the old Basic size, but they are even a little bigger than Energon Arcee, but slightly smaller than Cyberverse One-step Whirl. So, scale might be a little off, although maybe okay for Primal?

Thanks for the pics. Yeah, looks a bit big for my Core/Legends class collection. I wouldn't want him towering over Optimus.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Yeah, I don't know that Bravo Primal would scale well with Core (unless you retcon him as having scanned a gorilla from Skull Island!), but he might scale well with a Voyager Optimus?

I will still be looking for one (I'm kind of liking the Kong Primal idea), but definitely won't be a true Core-class figure.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Core Class Arcee and Freezer (Frenzy?)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Seeing as it's labeled as a Terrorcon, I'd say Freezer is not Frenzy but a new character.

Frenzy is a Decepticon.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
"General Kenobi!"

Freezer looks like a Fossilizer version of Frenzy, heh. Going by the description it doesn't transform though, just has a weapon mode, which rarely ever look good.

Also, Arcee. Who kinda looks less refined than the (I assume) smaller Arcee triplets, in terms of engineering and sculpt at least.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Freezer transforms into a weapon usable by other Studio Series?
giphy.gif

Perhaps this character (or characters, if there ends up being more than one) provided the inspiration behind the “Power Series” of gimmick toys planned for release?
Either way, Freezer looks like an ”old school” Bayformers design, and while I dig the IDEA, I’m not sure I’m willing to spend $13 for a glorified Battlemaster. At least not until I see the film.

Arcee looks…fine, I guess. I bit jarring at how novel/elegant the core class has largely been to this point to see her..awkwardness in design. If listings are to be believed…I want to say there’s a Mainline Deluxe due of her as well, as well as some gimmick toys. Might be worth it to “wait the line out” and see how the assorted toys shake out.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Entertainment Earth’s “Drop Zone” has a posting for Tuesday, January 24th at 10am PST:
“This is going to be a beast of a drop, so be sure not to miss it!”

Kind of feels like a hint to a big preorder drop for Rise of the Beasts. There are other Tuesday listings that point to Transformers drops, so the Studio Series stuff might get revealed sooner.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Transformers Studio Series Arcee action figure is highly articulated for posability and features movie-inspired deco and details

2 ICONIC MODES: This action figure for 8 year old boys and girls features classic conversion between robot and motorcycle modes in 11 steps

Reminds me of Energon Arcee/Superlink Ariel:

Zombodroid_09012023070406.jpg

Terrorcon Freezer Transformers figure attaches to other Studio Series figures in robot or vehicle as a battle weapon (each sold separately, subject to availability)

Reminds me of Frenzy:

Zombodroid_09012023070152.jpg

Top Bottom