Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's the money that talks. Big corporate executives look at the money and think, "This movie had Bumblebee with a radio voice. People (especially kids) seemed to like it because this movie made us a lot of money. Therefore, we must continue to use his radio voice in the sequels if we want to keep pleasing kids people enough to give us more money."

All that money didn't come from us longtime fans. It came from casual moviegoers and the kids whose parents took them to see the movie.
Sure, I'm just saying it feels like a tiger/rock situation to me.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The whole industry does need to stop and rethink these insane budgets. It's just not working anymore.

Except for James Cameron. I don't know how he does it.

Likely careful planning and he is also a inventor of sorts, at least someone who pushes the bounderies of TECH and film making, plus he has a good eye for camera shots, on top of having ideas of themes that connect to people in some ways, you don't get billion dollar box office takings from just people going to see the movie once

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I noticed that too. Seemed too...familiar for Prime, especially deep-gravitas self important Prime we've been getting lately.
I dunno. AOE did give us a line from Optimus hinting at a past father-son connection between the two.

When Cade was complaining about Tessa's teenage behavior, Optimus responded with a knowing half-chuckle and "Yeah! I went through that with Bumblebee!"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I noticed that too. Seemed too...familiar for Prime, especially deep-gravitas self important Prime we've been getting lately.
Maybe he's not calling him "Bee," but "B," as in "B-127," his designation from the Bumblebee movie?

Or just the common link between the two names?

Though I suppose that also implies familiarity of a similar kind...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

From the front page!
That means the "HD" version will soon replace the "CAM" one at all of my favourite sites...

4137f2709418e46f792c472b7f29de11.gif

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Some new toy images for toys we’ve seen leaked:
Beast Combiners Optimus Prime with Lionblade.

Beast Battlemaster Airrazor. (Using the Tformers link, can’t find the Kidtoy.ca link)

Sadly, Airazor is another butt blaster, but doesn’t look horrible.

I’m fascinated by Optimus Prime. He’s the strongest of the Combiners we’ve seen, with decent articulation (likely a result of the transformation). I like they opted to change up the colors a bit, sporting either a very dark grey or black. Interestingly, the packaging shows a charcoal color. Either way, it’s a nice switch up from another silver-heavy Optimus figure in this line.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Maybe he's not calling him "Bee," but "B," as in "B-127," his designation from the Bumblebee movie?

Or just the common link between the two names?

Though I suppose that also implies familiarity of a similar kind...
He was really called B-127? I don't remember that in the Bumblebee movie anymore. Did the other Autobots get serial numbers or whatever too?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Curious about the tabs on Airazor's wings there. They don't seem to be involved in either official mode, but they'd obviously tab the wings together into a blade-esque sort of thing. Also there's a set of two parallel tabs on her butt that don't do anything.

With all the various unused tabs on the different Battlemasters, it sure seems like they're working up towards some as of yet unrevealed combined weapon.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Beast Battlemaster Airrazor. (Using the Tformers link, can’t find the Kidtoy.ca link)

I’m fascinated by Optimus Prime. He’s the strongest of the Combiners we’ve seen, with decent articulation (likely a result of the transformation). I like they opted to change up the colors a bit, sporting either a very dark grey or black. Interestingly, the packaging shows a charcoal color. Either way, it’s a nice switch up from another silver-heavy Optimus figure in this line.
I like that little combined Prime.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Front Paged for the two of you!

Top Bottom