Transformers Retro series (Walmart TFTM Reissues)

MegaMagnus

Citizen
got my kickback today. Damaged box of course. Thanks hasbropulse shipping department 😂

Attachments

• WP_20230909_17_39_41_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20230909_17_39_41_Rich (2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 69

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
From JtPrime, the first pair of 40th Anniversary Retro offerings got revealed, and they’re…cartoon color reissues of Blaster (with Steeljaw) and Soundwave( with Laserbeak and Ravage).

Not unexpected, but I’m a bit sad Hasbro is still pumping out these reissues when something like a Netflix rerun for Soundwave (or toy deco) or a Kingdom Blaster with toy head might be a touch more compelling.

MrBlud

Citizen
They’re doing THAT Soundwave in the dramatic capture series they’re going to showcase on the 6th.

The Phazer

Citizen
Woof, Soundwave looks bad without his chrome.

And other parts of it have silver plastic that is painted with shiny paint which are supposed to be the same colour - look at Ravage's missiles. If there was a genuine push for accuracy you'd use the same paint. Instead it just looks like costcutting.

Dake

Citizen
Don't really care about Blaster, but I honestly like the way that Soundwave looks. Though if anything calls out for a painted window, it's the anime version of Soundwave's chest door.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Steeljaw is the real star here. I think anyone who has owned the original Steeljaw knows about the pealing stickers, curling up at every corner and edge. A tampoed cassette is SUCH a nice upgrade.

-ZacWilliam, they should have done two sets each. One of the players and a separate one of all the available tape molds.

MegaMagnus

Citizen
I'm glad the line is continuing , guess we're never getting a perceptor in the united States unless we overpay from tfsource or bbts . Hope we get a grey kup or UM

Blot

Citizen
Steeljaw is the real star here. I think anyone who has owned the original Steeljaw knows about the pealing stickers, curling up at every corner and edge. A tampoed cassette is SUCH a nice upgrade.

-ZacWilliam, they should have done two sets each. One of the players and a separate one of all the available tape molds.
Plus it'll be nice to have a Steeljaw cassette mode that isn't marred by his sunburst mane detail being rendered pointless since it winds up on his butt.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I may bite on the Blaster. I've got a couple of G1 Soundwaves (counting the 2007 Classics reissue), but I've never had a Blaster or Steeljaw and the price doesn't seem exceedingly bad.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've wanted a Blaster since I was a kid, so this appeals to me. I really wish I'd been able to get the convention one with ALL his cassettes some years ago, but at least this has my favorite, and one I did have as a kid, Steeljaw.

Top Bottom