Transformers Legacy toyline

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
She's from Cyberverse, not Prime or RID15. You can say nose.
h6VX8y6.gif

Lobjob

Citizen
I think I figured out what the protrusion at the front of her car mode might be a reference to:

ROTF-toy_ShadowStriker.jpg

This would also explain not just the red windows but also the car's anomalous bulbous shape.
Yeah, this is at least *a* reason. Still a weird move, but this definitely feels right.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It almost feels like one of those old "Archive Oops" instances from a decade ago where someone at Hasbro went looking for a character in their archives, found the wrong version of that character, and then used that wrong version as the basis for a new toy of the intended version.

Like how we got Thrilling 30 orange Jhiaxus or G1 Technobot Strafe on AOE Dinobot Strafe's Evolution 2-Pack packaging.

Blot

Citizen
The undersized faction symbol on the arm for either version of that mold is really bugging me.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I find it to be an Adequate Side Burn. That said, Hasbro feels to have compromised more in this entry than we’ve seen in many other recent figures (as it comes to mainline releases). And I have to say…I don’t really get why. I mean, sure, there’s probably budgetary or timing issues at play…but the figure and the two characters that sprung from it feel…rushed. Or a lesser priority. To me, there isn’t much they needed to do to bump this figure up to “Decent”- retool the front to be more rounded and add the white lining to the flames. Given the extremes we’ve seen from “retooling” for other figures, that doesn’t feel like a big ask in this situation.

I think it largely comes down to why they bothered with a “Cyberverse” iteration of Shadow Striker to begin with. It is obvious Side Burn was the “primary” design foundation for much of the figure, which means it was NEVER going to be a good version of Cyberverse Shadow Striker from the start. Nor did they really NEED another Cyberverse representation with Windblade and Chromia already on the docket. It might have been more prudent to do a good Side Burn, and build some version of Shadow Striker from that. Maybe the Cyberverse head with the Legion deco and chuck her into either the Comic Universe or Extended Universe.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I find it to be an Adequate Side Burn. That said, Hasbro feels to have compromised more in this entry than we’ve seen in many other recent figures (as it comes to mainline releases). And I have to say…I don’t really get why. I mean, sure, there’s probably budgetary or timing issues at play…but the figure and the two characters that sprung from it feel…rushed. Or a lesser priority. To me, there isn’t much they needed to do to bump this figure up to “Decent”- retool the front to be more rounded and add the white lining to the flames. Given the extremes we’ve seen from “retooling” for other figures, that doesn’t feel like a big ask in this situation.

I think it largely comes down to why they bothered with a “Cyberverse” iteration of Shadow Striker to begin with. It is obvious Side Burn was the “primary” design foundation for much of the figure, which means it was NEVER going to be a good version of Cyberverse Shadow Striker from the start. Nor did they really NEED another Cyberverse representation with Windblade and Chromia already on the docket. It might have been more prudent to do a good Side Burn, and build some version of Shadow Striker from that. Maybe the Cyberverse head with the Legion deco and chuck her into either the Comic Universe or Extended Universe.
Hasbro's decision to also cram in design elements of Universe 2008 Legends class Wheelie (in an attempt to also homage ROTF Shadow Striker) is the most baffling decision of all.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I find it funny. Cyberverse Shadow Striker, with the car mode of ROTF Shadow Striker, and it's a remold of a RID Side Burn just because Universe Shadow Striker was.

The resulting Side Burn is not funny though.

Glitch

Citizen
What next from the Cyberverse universe, Iaconus with Maccadum? Non yellowed Arcee repacage? Wild Wheel with a poncho and blasters? Megatron X? I say bring it on.
Maybe Mercenaries Bug Bite, Soundblaster and Nightbird could be a nice set from the deluxe molds.

Shadewing

Citizen
What next from the Cyberverse universe, Iaconus with Maccadum? Non yellowed Arcee repacage? Wild Wheel with a poncho and blasters? Megatron X? I say bring it on.
Maybe Mercenaries Bug Bite, Soundblaster and Nightbird could be a nice set from the deluxe molds.

I'm still surprised that we got NO toys of the Mercs, considering they're all repaints/remolds.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Aside from Windblade, the Cyberverse universe characters so far seem to have been redecos/retools of toys from other universes. Even Windblade has something about her that gives me vibes that she’s a retool of someone else.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
That's a given but with how oddly chunky and flattened her legs and torso are, it makes me think the mold was designed to accommodate a bulkier character. I don't think it's in service of the vehicle mode looking at how past Windblade toys have gone.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Completely random shot in the dark, but with the flatness and the arm fins, maybe Armada Thrust?

Top Bottom