Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hoping there's a good blast effect-compatible gun-mode Megs accessory to really complete those Shuttle Massacre dioramas.
Seeing as how they were able to make a Browning accessory for the new Squeezeplay toy, they ought to be able to do the same for Megatron.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seeing as how they were able to make a Browning accessory for the new Squeezeplay toy, they ought to be able to do the same for Megatron.

There's already been the one that came with the Centurion pack and the one that was part of Core Class Megs. They could use either of those.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they insist on sticking with tanks, I'd like to see them return to the old Quake transformation instead of dumping half the tank on Megatron's back.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The problem typically is they want him to look like cartoon Megatron and that requires finding places for tank kibble so his legs and chest look sufficiently G1.

I really feel like some characters, such as Megatron and Arcee, just need new designs instead of trying to fit the square pegs of G1 designs into the round holes of "Trying to make them turn into vehicles those designs have no business turning into."

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The problem typically is they want him to look like cartoon Megatron and that requires finding places for tank kibble so his legs and chest look sufficiently G1.

I really feel like some characters, such as Megatron and Arcee, just need new designs instead of trying to fit the square pegs of G1 designs into the round holes of "Trying to make them turn into vehicles those designs have no business turning into."

I kind of wish the real G2 "tank front chest" style transformation had stuck around. That's a great look. You lose the iconic arm cannon, but you could always make it detach and connect to the arm as an option.

3daf4ca07667a58c04fd547cb8793d3d.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah, SS86 Megatron is definitely the most "just curious to see what they do here" upcoming figure. I'm guessing it's just going to be the most cartoon-accurate robot mode they can do that transforms into a tank that looks like it's made out of gun parts.

I'm just hoping they get the head right. They seem to bat around .500 on Megatron faces. Siege looks great, but Earthrise looks a little goofy.
With any luck, hell have a nifty "submarine" mode...

Also, I'm also up for cassette multipacks, but I suspect if they do, they'll be Target/USA exclusive.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would love to see SS86 Megatron be a handgun again. I would lose my mind.

I know it's not likely to happen again, but man, that would be awesome.

Dake

Citizen
Agreed. It's somewhat ironic that now that
I kind of wish the real G2 "tank front chest" style transformation had stuck around. That's a great look. You lose the iconic arm cannon, but you could always make it detach and connect to the arm as an option.

3daf4ca07667a58c04fd547cb8793d3d.jpg

Same. It's somewhat ironic that once "tank" became Megatron's normal alt-mode, we never actually see the original G2 tank silhouette for his bot mode (Legends class aside), all because they want to match the P38=based chest.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I honestly expect 86 Megatron to look like his G1 self as a robot but changing into a tank with a hidden alt mode, while packing a accessory that looks like his G1 alt mode so that he can do his best impression of Shockwave, holding himself or for Starscream to get a hold of, to gun down, Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet & Brawn, after yelling "DIE AUTOBOTS!!!"

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ooh! Make this a new iteration of Megaplex. His normal form is a Seeker, but he can also transform into a Megatron body double when needed.
Would be wild if this were an arc in a cartoon, but with Starscream instead of Skywarp. And it's this being forced to cohabit a body that finally gets him to stop trying to overthrow Megatron (at least, from the motivation of reckless ambition and dissatisfaction with Megs' leadership).

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Would be wild if this were an arc in a cartoon, but with Starscream instead of Skywarp. And it's this being forced to cohabit a body that finally gets him to stop trying to overthrow Megatron (at least, from the motivation of reckless ambition and dissatisfaction with Megs' leadership).
Titan Magazines had just such an arc in their fiction, but springboarding from an alternate ending of the 2007 Movie -- so different Megatron, different Starscream....

Top Bottom