Transformers Legacy toyline

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Here's a weird thing from Walmart's website and their "bought since yesterday" tracker:

Ferak: 1000+ sold (in stock)

Lockdown: 1000+ sold (in stock)
Cannonball: 500+ sold (out of stock)
Filch: 100+ sold (out of stock)

I'm guessing Ferak is his own case, so I'm not counting that. I can't imagine what case assortment the deluxes got that there's a 10:1 ratio of Lockdown to Filch.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
If Wal-Mart only reports 100+ then 500+ and not the numbers in-between(and rounds down) it makes sense, though I don't know why there'd be that many Lockdowns. in a set of 2000, a 1/8 case packing ratio would be 250, well below the 500 threshold.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Wave 2 is Sureshot, Gears, the Rock Lord (name?), BW Silverbolt and Sandstorm. Right? Wonder if they may slip SS86 Swoop in there as well.

My guess is Studio Series will be the last Thursday. Their hint was there's a toy that week that's one of their favorites of the year and I would not be stunned if that turns out to be Swoop.

-ZacWilliam, I mean it'd be cooler if it was something that was a surprise, but I could believe Swoop.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Wondercon announced that there's a Hasbro panel where Studios Series will be shown off there on the 30th, so who knows if they'll actually show anything on the 28th stream.

Hasbro Toy Panel: Action Brands

Saturday, March 30 • 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Room 300E

Hasbro hosts an action-packed toy panel with brand marketing team members revealing exciting new products, giving fans a first look across its iconic action brands. The panel will include select product reveals from Ghostbusters entertainment, celebrate the 40th anniversary of Transformers with new Studio Series figures, and announce new Cobra team members joining the G.I. JOE Classified Series line. In addition, the panel will bring updates on the Hasbro lines inspired by Star Wars, including The Black Series and The Vintage Collection, and Marvel, including exciting news about the Marvel Legends product line.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Went by one of the Ross stores looking for TM2 Megatron, but came up short. Stopped next door at Target and found Tigerclaw! Woot! I also passed on the SS Optimus Primal they had there, because I figure that someone else would want it more.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So I was looking at this guy and suddenly saw...
F5905A1E-752B-4078-BCC6-9F6377A1C23C.jpeg

This guy:

2C039773-C5EB-42D5-85DA-EB7844627D5D.jpeg

He is a sailor. He is in white. With those (tattooed even) forearms and that face I now absolutely know what his personality is for me.

-ZacWilliam, and sh!t, I just made myself want to buy him.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Wave 2 is Sureshot, Gears, the Rock Lord (name?), BW Silverbolt and Sandstorm. Right? Wonder if they may slip SS86 Swoop in there as well.

Wave 2 is

Core Beast Machines Cheetor
Deluxe G1 Gears
Deluxe Cyberverse Chromia
Deluxe Infernac Shard
Voyager Beast Wars Silverbolt
Voyager Cybertron Starscream
Leader G1 Sandstorm

Core Beast Wars Dinobot and Deluxe G1 Sureshot have been moved to United wave 5 next year.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Were there any other Star Raiders left to announce/reveal other than Thundertron?

Can't imagine a case of 8 Deluxes will only have 3 characters (Though the Legacy Beast assortment did). If that is the case, surely they wouldn't pack 4 Lockdowns, 3 Cannonballs , and Filch one-per-case right?

Right?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Were there any other Star Raiders left to announce/reveal other than Thundertron?

Can't imagine a case of 8 Deluxes will only have 3 characters (Though the Legacy Beast assortment did). If that is the case, surely they wouldn't pack 4 Lockdowns, 3 Cannonballs , and Filch one-per-case right?

Right?

Two left counting Thundertron.

One more Deluxe and a Leader. That part was confirmed on the Stream.

The leak list puts them as G2 Road Pig and Thundertron.

It just occurred to me as I type this that Mark made a point to call out Lockdown as "another dark colored Junkion mold you could build with" during the stream like it meant something. And G2 Road Pig out of the Junkion Motorsycle would be that as well.

No one knows what's up with Thundertron since one was already at retail. He doesn't have any other official color scheme. It could be like Knock-out/Breakdown and a wrong name/changed plan. Or it could be they've invented a new color set for him. We don't know.

-ZacWilliam, I think the rumor is they're saving them for SDCC

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Idk about how these work, so pardon if I bit oj a hypothetical, but it's annoying that they'd go 4-3-1 instead of 3-3-2. Lockdown isn't THAT cool.

Also, maybe Mark is just playing up the gimmick as a selling point, since the Weaponarmorossilizer gimmick has proven to be a popular one. Some color variation (we now have a few in traditional Junkion colors, one in bright green, one in purple, and now two darker colored ones) is probably something worth calling out.

Also wondering what the deal will be about Thundertron, assuming that hasn't changed. I thought all this time he was a Voyager, so the Leader price tag pretty much cements me not bothering with him for now.

MrBlud

Citizen
No one knows what's up with Thundertron since one was already at retail. He doesn't have any other official color scheme. It could be like Knock-out/Breakdown and a wrong name/changed plan. Or it could be they've invented a new color set for him. We don't know.

Not “his” per se but they have Leo Prime, Alpha Trizer, and Go Prime they could draw from.

Not any of those schemes, but I think he’d look pretty cool with orange hair. Maybe a Celtic/Ganondorf vibe.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
They could go the lighter blue the Prime toy had with the allspark blue beard and clear blue parts if they really wanted to.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They could go the lighter blue the Prime toy had with the allspark blue beard and clear blue parts if they really wanted to.

I'd rather see something totally different. Maybe more traditional blacks/browns/reds of movie pirates?

Curious what would be packed in with him if he's going to be sold as a leader. Maybe RotB Airazor redone as a parrot (she sits nicely on his shoulder) and a couple of other accessories?

53458434178_8b5690c316_b.jpg

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
Also, maybe Mark is just playing up the gimmick as a selling point, since the Weaponarmorossilizer gimmick has proven to be a popular one. Some color variation (we now have a few in traditional Junkion colors, one in bright green, one in purple, and now two darker colored ones) is probably something worth calling out.

It'd be be nice if we got a Trashmaster redeco at some point, too.

I've given up on a combined form-based multipack, but these guys are so fun it's a pity they all haven't gotten multiple redecos by now.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here's a weird thing from Walmart's website and their "bought since yesterday" tracker:

Ferak: 1000+ sold (in stock)

Lockdown: 1000+ sold (in stock)
Cannonball: 500+ sold (out of stock)
Filch: 100+ sold (out of stock)

I'm guessing Ferak is his own case, so I'm not counting that. I can't imagine what case assortment the deluxes got that there's a 10:1 ratio of Lockdown to Filch.
Well I guess the idea of painting up a Beast Machines Silverbolt out of Filch (most of the body's in a close enough color) is probably out. (The mainline ROTB Airazor is probably closer anyway, but a totally different color base.)

Top Bottom