Transformers Legacy toyline

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Funny how I can get totally excited to troop-build Cybertron Starscream, but yet I can't get excited about brand new figures.
The set of 4 looks good and all, but I don't think I'll be picking up any of them. None of the characters mean anything to me except Lockdown, and I still own my Thrilling 30 version of him. I never was into the idea of Cannonball. I own his crew, but have incorporated them into my Vehicon army as an elite squad. The other 2 aren't bad, but I always like Cyclonus as a unique looking character so having another guy who looks like him goes against that for me. Maybe a remold of the head would have done it for me. Also, I haven't been real big on animal transformers of late, except insecticons.

Echowarrior

Citizen
The Star Raiders will be a Walmart exclusive offering, like the Velocitron or Toxitron “micro lines”. So…how hard have THEY been?

For me? Aside from a stray Road Rocket, they haven’t carried anything since the Velocitron capsule, and I don’t have hopes here (my local store has gotten VERY behind when it comes to stocking what little they DO carry, much less temp items). I wouldn’t mind Ferak, maybe Lockdown,and maybe the Thundertron (I still think it’s going to be a Tigerhawk retool, given the price point. That, or a Voyager with goodies). But nothing I’d deem “essential”.

Of the various Wal-Marts in my area, only three that I know of got any of the Toxitron stuff - two had the Leaders very early on, and one just recently had Cloudcover and Laser Cycle. I had to get all of the guys I wanted either as preorders or from friends online.

As it stands, I suspect that Filch is going to be one of the more difficult to acquire releases for this line. Female character, limited line, enthusiasm from several people online...yep, she's scalper bait.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
First look at the Star Raiders (formerly Star Seekers) subline for Walmart.

Pics and info courtesy of Jtprime17

First images of Cannonball, Lockdown, Filch and Ferak.View attachment 19830View attachment 19831View attachment 19832View attachment 19833

Front Paged!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
There's not even a Line of character description, nor a Function call out to be found in the product description on the Walmart Website. Also not a word of text explaining what a "Star Raider" is. Kids would have zero idea from the packaging or website not just who these guys are as characters, but even that these guys have anything to do with Pirates at all.

It's SOOOO dull and lifeless as a push for a theoretically fun concept of a subline.

I can only dream of these getting brief but so fun Takara comics like the Velocitrons did to bring them all and their situation and their character and relationships to life. That could sell me on all these the way RiD15 is selling me on only Filch at the moment.

-ZacWilliam, sadly the Toxitron toys didn't get that so I don't have too much hope.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hey, Cannonball has a Cyber Key thingy.
And teal skeletons! Except, they're now the Vok! Great nod, there!

There's not even a Line of character description, nor a Function call out to be found in the product description on the Walmart Website. Also not a word of text explaining what a "Star Raider" is. Kids would have zero idea from the packaging or website not just who these guys are as characters, but even that these guys have anything to do with Pirates at all.

It's SOOOO dull and lifeless as a push for a theoretically fun concept of a subline.

I can only dream of these getting brief but so fun Takara comics like the Velocitrons did to bring them all and their situation and their character and relationships to life. That could sell me on all these the way RiD15 is selling me on only Filch at the moment.

-ZacWilliam, sadly the Toxitron toys didn't get that so I don't have too much hope.
From here and what is being done with many of the new Target stuff (like Blaster), it feels like there was some pushback from retail partners about the unique packaging. Maybe the unique packaging was dropped so that retailers could justify keeping the items around longer?
I recall back in 2006, Walmart got an exclusive wave of Star Wars figures which blended with the assorted figures still on shelves, so there wasn't as much a push to "clear out" the items since they looked like everything else.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I wonder if that wasn’t “the plan” at one point. The leaked listings for 2025 reportedly feature a Voyager iteration of Armada Red Alert. So, maybe, Hasbro had done up Cannonball/red Alert as an option until they decided to do a full Voyager for him?

Then again, we’ve gotten BOTH an “Armada Universe” AND “Cybertron Universe” Starscream, despite them being, fundamentally, the same character and universe. Though, in that case, the two designs were FAR more different than Armada and Cybertron Red Alert were.
I think Armada Voyager and Cybertron Deluxe versions are very realistic posibilities, just spread out over a year or 2.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Been away from my computer so I'm late to the party.
Ferak I really like. I think there's enough difference from Cyclonus to make it feel more like a different character.
Lockdown isn't ideal, but it's what I expected and I'm definitely gonna buy it as I love the character. Would still prefer to have the RotF version as my "G1 Adjacent" Lockdown, but he goes for coo-koo krazy money on Ebay.
Filch is very nice. Not super familiar with the character, but I like the look of the toy a lot.
Cannonball I'm torn on. It's not a bad looking toy, but I'm not sure it's better in any way than the Cannonball I already have.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What's wrong with it though? It looks like a Lockdown, doesn't it?

I'll agree that it's at best a "pretty ok" Lockdown. An ideal Lockdown would be tall and lithe. Like the original, a deluxe that unfolds into a surprisingly tall robot. But this mold was always pretty clearly made to serve as a base for a future Lockdown, so I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'll agree that it's at best a "pretty ok" Lockdown. An ideal Lockdown would be tall and lithe. Like the original, a deluxe that unfolds into a surprisingly tall robot. But this mold was always pretty clearly made to serve as a base for a future Lockdown, so I'm not surprised in the slightest.

I mostly just wish he had a longer neck. When I think Animated Lockdown, that long spiked neck is part him. This looks more like Cyberverse Lockdown without it.

Top Bottom