Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Definitely an interesting set of figures. I'm not sure I'm in for re-dos of the old Combiner Wars gestalts. I skipped CW Menasor because I thought surely there would be a better version of him down the line, so I was happy to be correct on that one, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with my Superion and Bruticus.

The 13 Primes I'm more on the fence about. I was never super invested in the concept, but I'm not NOT interested, and I do always love seeing characters get a toy that have never had one before. Those will definitely be a "see what they look like" sort of situation.

Now, Animated Wasp, Flatline, and Venom, those I'm super-duper excited about.

Shadewing

Citizen
Definitely an interesting set of figures. I'm not sure I'm in for re-dos of the old Combiner Wars gestalts. I skipped CW Menasor because I thought surely there would be a better version of him down the line, so I was happy to be correct on that one, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with my Superion and Bruticus.

The 13 Primes I'm more on the fence about. I was never super invested in the concept, but I'm not NOT interested, and I do always love seeing characters get a toy that have never had one before. Those will definitely be a "see what they look like" sort of situation.

Now, Animated Wasp, Flatline, and Venom, those I'm super-duper excited about.

Even having the Unite Warrior version of Bruticus, I feel like Bruticus could be improved; plus maybe get us a Vadigus/Ruination that won't cost and arm and a leg.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The Combiner Wars limbs are decent, but the torsos really, really need the redo. The best one is the Silverbolt mold and even that has easily visible room for improvement.

Wonder how they'd handle Silverbolt. Planes don't have trailers like the other vehicular scramble leaders but they could make the concorde huge and detach part of it to form Silverbolt, I guess. Don't think they'd be keen on the 3rd party method of having a gigantic torso sitting off to the side

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I would be down for the Aerialbots in G2-deco (still kick myself for not getting that CW set), but probably not in original decos, except for Air Raid. Gonna need Air Raid.

Really wish we would get Leozack and Jallguar to go with the old Destron set. (Also Deathcobra).

Echowarrior

Citizen
New Aerialbots? Yes. New versions of the Thirteen? Yes. As for the rest...I think the only ones I'll pass on will be G2 Grimlock and Crasher.

Shadewing

Citizen
I wonder if G2 Grimlock will be the standard Blue? Eitherway I'll probably pass since I got the Toxitron one, I don't need another G2 Grimlock from that mold.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Combiner Wars will be nearly a decade old by next year. I think it's fine to get new figures.

Seriously, 2025 will mark year 1 in the FOURTH toy trilogy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was really hoping for the Thirteen to go away forever, but maybe this team will actually do something good with them.

Shadewing

Citizen
Combiner Wars will be nearly a decade old by next year. I think it's fine to get new figures.

Seriously, 2025 will mark year 1 in the FOURTH toy trilogy.

Pretty much all of them could be done better, especially with those molds being designed to be as versatile as possible. Like I could understand Hot Spot and Onsluaght being remolds of each other, but not in the way they did it. Their g1 toys transform basically the same way, that a heavy remold could easily share the same skeleton. But the CW ones kinda suffer from being alergeic to partsforming anything.

While I hate Carmor Menasor; I will admit that Legacy is vastly superior to the stock retail versions of the CW Stunticons. So I am curious to see how they do the others, when they can't cheat; unless they still do.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like avoiding partsforming where feasible. The handfootguns, fine, but integrate whatever else can be.

I hope we don't have to get Commander class torsos every time here.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Someday integrated hands and feet need to become the norm as well. I will die on this hill. Any Deluxe can transform halfway and pretend the hips are an elbow. Combiner limbs should do something that other toys in the line don't already do.

Xero

Citizen
It'll be interesting to see who the 13 pretools are for. There's no way they have a bunch of new molds that don't have g1 backups in Hasbro's current economic funk.

Shadewing

Citizen
I like avoiding partsforming where feasible. The handfootguns, fine, but integrate whatever else can be.

I hope we don't have to get Commander class torsos every time here.

Which works for some guys. Silverbolt pulls it off well; As does Starscream/Elita and Hungrr, but they both largely copy Silverbolt. Even Optimus isn't bad, since he's kinda copying Energon Prime; while Motormaster doesn't work at all without an addon imo. Hot Spot kind does it better then Onslaught but both just have have everything fold up on top of their vehicle mode; Hot Shot's makes a passible ladder section, but Onslaught just has a pile of nothing that you plug guns onto. Grimlock has the opposite problem where he has nothing and his torso is just too thin. But I feel the guys that don't.

All the ones that don't work, would benefit with having separate pieces, either to fill out their combined mode or to give them better looking Robot or Vehicle modes. That's probably why we'll see Combiner team leaders being Commander or leader class, just so they have enough bulk and parts to be able to pull off a combined mode.

...I'll be highly amused if they end up copying Star Sabre for Silverbolt, where half the plane is just Silverbolt and the rest is a the combiner parts ala Motormaster.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Quite a bit of EarthSpark is reused Cyberverse molds though.

Not that it matters. Transformers has nothing to do with Hasbro's current troubles. It's one of their most dependable brands.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think I'll wait until the images appear, before making any judgements, thou for me, the one most of note, is the Fallen, will he be inspired by Dreamwave comics or something completely new or will he be a hyrid of G1 & movie?

Top Bottom