Transformers Legacy toyline

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

To clarify, it is generally considered good etiquette here to try to post in an existing relevant thread if it exists. Sandstorm is a Legacy release, so posts about it should go into the Legacy thread that Sabrblade linked.
(If you click the "jump to new" button at the top of the thread, it should take you to the most recent posts, rather than having to page through older discussions)
Welcome to the Allspark, have fun joining the discussions!
For anyone wondering, these three posts were part of a separate thread, and I decided to just merge them here, since they do have those glam shots.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like the Kingdom Blaster mold doesn’t have a comic/toy head given SG Blaster used the cartoon version despite (AFAIK) always being portrayed using the toy ahead previously.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do like that Origins Wheeljack appears to be regular Legacy, that might make it easier to get. I want one for two reasons. 1- It is a toy of a design I thought was impossible and will go great in my existing set up and 2- if I am ever attacked by the sort of people who post on a few other boards, I can hold it up like a crucifix to ward them off as they hiss and spit, screaming "Backpack! Partsforming! Backpack!"

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know, I really dislike cel shading as well.
I am very happy with Siege Shockwave and SS Grimlock so I really don't think I'll be doubling up on those. I also am totally satisfied with Thrilling 30 Sandstorm so I'll probably be skipping him as well. I really do like Sandstorm though. Such a great update to the original.

I do like that Origins Wheeljack appears to be regular Legacy, that might make it easier to get. I want one for two reasons. 1- It is a toy of a design I thought was impossible and will go great in my existing set up and 2- if I am ever attacked by the sort of people who post on a few other boards, I can hold it up like a crucifix to ward them off as they hiss and spit, screaming "Backpack! Partsforming! Backpack!"
I have the other Cybertronian molds so I'll be snagging this one as well.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
IIRC, Origins Wheeljack is still a Target exclusive. Target just pushed Hasbro to release him under the Legacy banner instead of Buzzworthy (maybe that initiative is winding down?). It's like how Red Cog was a Target exclusive, despite main line packaging.

Dake

Citizen
We've already been told Target has backed out of the Buzzworthy line, hence the multi-pack of animation colors coming out vs individual releases.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Wheeljack - Box.jpg

Wheeljack - Toy.jpg

Good news for us in Japan, as this isn't a bloomin' Buzzworthy USA exclusive, so this might be the first official "origin" figure released over here (in a year or so's time).

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
View attachment 19140
View attachment 19141
Good news for us in Japan, as this isn't a bloomin' Buzzworthy USA exclusive, so this might be the first official "origin" figure released over here (in a year or so's time).

IIRC, Origins Wheeljack is still a Target exclusive. Target just pushed Hasbro to release him under the Legacy banner instead of Buzzworthy (maybe that initiative is winding down?). It's like how Red Cog was a Target exclusive, despite main line packaging.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What does Wheeljack think he is, an angel or something with those wings? 😁

I get the feeling when you add on the extra part, he will become rather back heavy as a figure and likely to fall over every so offen

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Even without the wings, that sure is a chunky backpack... in addition to all the chunks he's carrying on his legs.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
For the record, cel shading refers to a method of rendering 3D models (a process known in some contexts as "shading") that's intended to produce a result that resembles cel animation, and is not a term that applies to real objects.

This has been an ▲ndrusi Anal Nitpick That You Don't Care About. Thank you, and have a nice day.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
For the record, cel shading refers to a method of rendering 3D models (a process known in some contexts as "shading") that's intended to produce a result that resembles cel animation, and is not a term that applies to real objects.

This has been an ▲ndrusi Anal Nitpick That You Don't Care About. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Actually, I kind of DO care, precisely because I've been struggling with language to describe this not-even-what-folks-try-to-call-"cel shading" thing supposedly attempting to emulate the comic book look (but failing, IMHO). To know that "cel shading" isn't even the right term when talking about a look intended to emulate cartoon cels in toys is useful to me.

Now if only we can determine a proper name for whatever this actually is....

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, there needs to be an official name for the act of trying to make a 3D object appear to be a 2D object that is trying to look like a 3D object.

Top Bottom