Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I thought this would happen. Omega Prime will be a disgusting ¥44,000 in Japan (around $296 US). BY comparison, Deathsaurus was onlly ¥29,700 in Japan, if I remember rightly.

Slightly related (but also off-topic) rant/info about Japanese economy behind spoiler below)

Also, unlike some other countries, many of us in Japan NEVER receive bonuses nor salary increases, so our wages have remained the same and/or haven't caught up with inflation.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...ld-spending-in-december-falls-25-on-year.html

This is basically Unicron-level pricing territory now and completely out of my budget. Hasbro obviously learnt nothing since Unicron, iMO.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm sure Swoop will be along at some point, maybe even this year.

But now I'm thinking of how hilarious it would be if they did release a comic style Dinobot with the swords and it was Swoop instead of Grimlock. People everywhere would be up in arms about that instead, because surely then Hasbro would never ALSO release a Swoop in colors that matched the rest of the team.

I'm holding out hope that maybe Swoop comes with all the extra swords, too, but in silver to match the one that came with Snarl. If so, I could see Hasbro waiting a bit to show him so as not to loose people that were buying Grimlock here to get a set.

As a bit of an aside, we have Grimlock here that comes with swords (for 1000, Alex), and Shockwave that comes with the Matrix Tap. For those of you that read the comics (I didn't, so I'm fairly unfamiliar with a lot of stuff out of the old Marvel comics other than what's made it into the popular culture of the fandom), what other comic story specific accessories would you like to see included with theoretical future releases?

Dake

Citizen
I should really stop looking at these pictures. Shockwave I'm coming to terms with because the comic shading looks more like weird camo the more I look at it. But Stupid Sexy Grimlock, man. Just, that gorgeous blue (and to a slightly lesser extent that lovely sunny yellow) is calling to me more and more. Plus, dammit, those swords ARE working their magic. Nooooo

(Hope Sandstorm's photography is just flattening those shades of orange. Because they really need a bit more contrast from each other.)0

What's strange to me about the Shockwave is the comic shading doesn't even particularly match the comic cover used in the packaging. If it did, i think I'd be a bit more interested.

I'm sure Swoop will be along at some point, maybe even this year.

But now I'm thinking of how hilarious it would be if they did release a comic style Dinobot with the swords and it was Swoop instead of Grimlock. People everywhere would be up in arms about that instead, because surely then Hasbro would never ALSO release a Swoop in colors that matched the rest of the team.

I know you're being sarcastic here, but it's a reasonable concern. Plans change, markets change and it's not inconceivable that a comic Swoop could come out first and then they go in a new direction without toy Swoop. I recognize they may prefer the business decision to get the more niche version out first but that's not always great for us.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
SS86 Swoop and the ever-elusive Hound will be available as an exclusive Jiffy Lube two-pack. The preorders will first go live on Pulse at precisely 3:12pm on a random Wednesday, and will stay open for 4 minutes (or until they sell out; whichever comes first). The comic decos of each will follow 3 years later, and Swoop will come with all of the SS86 Dinobot swords.

Shadhausen

Citizen
SS86 Swoop and the ever-elusive Hound will be available as an exclusive Jiffy Lube two-pack. The preorders will first go live on Pulse at precisely 3:12pm on a random Wednesday, and will stay open for 4 minutes (or until they sell out; whichever comes first). The comic decos of each will follow 3 years later, and Swoop will come with all of the SS86 Dinobot swords.
Hey, at least they're supplying the lube.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
JTPrime amended his statement of more comic-based figures coming to say that only ONE more is coming.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Comic Soundwave and Comic Ratchet seem like the only two “necessary” ones left.

Although I’d totally buy Comic Megatron and G2 Hot Rod.
Or they could go left field and give us "HELP US" Ratchetron, but that would probably be more fitting for some non-transforming line like the RED line to do. But those two definitely seem like they would be the highest in demand, and they have molds for both already.

Shadewing

Citizen
How dare you, sir! Prime's disembodied head straight from the comics is the main selling point for this set.

Yeah, I don't want this Shockwave... but damn if that Prime head isn't SO ******* tempting; more so since unlike the swords; it's probably not gonna see re-release elsewheres.

Thunderclash

Citizen
Screenshot_20240207-215358_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240207-215319_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240207-215242_YouTube.jpg
Wowzee!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
To clarify, it is generally considered good etiquette here to try to post in an existing relevant thread if it exists. Sandstorm is a Legacy release, so posts about it should go into the Legacy thread that Sabrblade linked.
(If you click the "jump to new" button at the top of the thread, it should take you to the most recent posts, rather than having to page through older discussions)
Welcome to the Allspark, have fun joining the discussions!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
How dare you, sir! Prime's disembodied head straight from the comics is the main selling point for this set.
I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere about the cranial quality that can be delivered by this character, but for the life of me, I just can't see it...

Top Bottom