Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, that's one aspect that has me excited. Red helmet Ratchet? Black helmet Megatron? PURPLE SOUNDWAVE?!

Starscream with ALL the stege?!

Transformers Covers #50-99.jpg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Those colors really pop on Grimlock. The one thing I don't like about these though is the "comics shading" lines - it's less egregious on Grim than on Shockwave though. On the other hand, if they FINALLY give us Marvel Ratchet this way, we can always partswap with whatever mold its made from so the "random" black lines won't be that big an issue.

The Phazer

Citizen
I can't see myself really biting for either of those two, but maybe some others, even assuming that only repaints are on the table. Purple Soundwave? Galvatron II? Magenta Hot Rod? Red helmed Ratchet? Much more interesting.

It is genuinely weird that half the Shockwave toy isn't included.

Sandstorm is... okay? Not many excuses for painted windows on a leader class that short. But the copter mode isn't too bad otherwise, and the buggy isn't embarrassing?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Positive: I love the concept behind Grimlock and Shockwave. The colors look really nice on Grimlock, and Shockwrs doesn't look bad.

Negative: I wish Grimlock had a new head sculpt to match the way his head was generally drawn in the Comics:
1707257559756.png

Probably I would say "Those are cool" but not get them and wait for Ratchet or Blaster or Starscream or Goldbug. Except Grimlock has Swords that can go to the other Dinobots. And Shockwave has Optimus's head in a matrix siphon. And as a Huge Comic fan I want those things.

-ZacWilliam, so I very well may be sold.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I feel about the same for comic coloured figures as I do for cel-shaded, so I'm not super keen on them. I'm pretty certain a good number of folks will jump on those, though!
Myself, I LOVE the concept of these comic-colored bots, but they've gone too far in doing the comic-equivalent of cel-shading with them, and thus I'm likely out.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I thought Grimlock and Shockwave are "Selects" figures? That's why I've posted the info at that thread and not here:

- https://www.allspark.com/forums/threads/generations-selects-appreciation-thread.203/post-113351

Here are some of the pics anyway.
Comic Grimlock - Box.jpg

Comic Shockwave - Box.jpg

It seems Hasbro are keen to milk fans in order to get swords for the other Dinobots, by "helpfully" including then with this release...

Shockwave, like Megatron, seems to continue to not be available in regular colours as a stand-alone figure without extra junk in the box to jack-up the price and so he will also remain unbought by my good self.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really like how this purple on Shockwave looks, and those colors absolutely pop on Grimlock. But I have no room in the budget or storage for these right now (and I'm fine with my current SS86 Grimlock), sadly. Maybe I'll try to get the Shockers later on, but not at retail? I'll need the time to get past the top-heavy comic-style shading. (Conversely, I can manage having T30 Sandstorm and this new one. But sigh, those feet are fast becoming one of this design era's most consistent features.)

Bring on the magenta Hot Rod, baybee.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'll likely get Sandstorm, though the main one in my collection will probably be the previous release. Y'know, the one that was retooled from IDW Springer.

The comic-styled Shockwave and Grimlock are a pass.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sandstorm looks pretty good to me. Part of me wishes he had his cartoon face, but... not so much that I'm really all that bothered by it. Especially since he's rocking my preferred color scheme.

Grimlock is tempting, since I missed the other, and it was the comics (albeit under Furman) that made me a big fan of the character there in the first place.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I should really stop looking at these pictures. Shockwave I'm coming to terms with because the comic shading looks more like weird camo the more I look at it. But Stupid Sexy Grimlock, man. Just, that gorgeous blue (and to a slightly lesser extent that lovely sunny yellow) is calling to me more and more. Plus, dammit, those swords ARE working their magic. Nooooo

(Hope Sandstorm's photography is just flattening those shades of orange. Because they really need a bit more contrast from each other.)0

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is the fourth use of this Grimlock mold.

Still no Swoop.
I'm sure Swoop will be along at some point, maybe even this year.

But now I'm thinking of how hilarious it would be if they did release a comic style Dinobot with the swords and it was Swoop instead of Grimlock. People everywhere would be up in arms about that instead, because surely then Hasbro would never ALSO release a Swoop in colors that matched the rest of the team.

Top Bottom