Transformers Legacy toyline

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The pastel wheels made me think unpainted prototype they may have just slapped a new head on and did some touch ups. Obviously not true if JTPrime vouched for it, but that was my thinking going in.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
New pic of Chromia:

9RjjbIf.jpeg

The Phazer

Citizen
TF toys are far too expensive nowadays at this point for random heads glued on a body that doesn't really resemble them. Easy pass.

Don't really care for the rock copter either, wish that neat transformation had been used on a more traditional design.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I don't know if I can justify to myself that this is worth it. In Japan, this will be close to ¥36,859.28!

Also, I think they said it was for people who "always wanted the originals but couldn't afford them" and then they released an even more expensive version of the original. Why didn't they either re-release the originals or make a smaller version of both characters for much less? I think a smaller version would make them for in more with the existing Legacy figures too.

Perhaps Hasbro foresaw this with the relatively low backer target of 10,000 backers?
Leaving aside your idea of smaller versions (I can hear the cries of "Blasphemy!" among those who keep asking for bigger and bigger figures), are you aware that Encore re-issues of the original RiD/CR toys came out only a few years ago, and between them didn't cost much less (and in at least some cases, MORE) than the HasLab?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Leaving aside your idea of smaller versions (I can hear the cries of "Blasphemy!" among those who keep asking for bigger and bigger figures), are you aware that Encore re-issues of the original RiD/CR toys came out only a few years ago, and between them didn't cost much less (and in at least some cases, MORE) than the HasLab?

Blimey, thanks for the info. Well, perhaps the "smaller" versions at retail would be good? By "smaller", I mean at a size that's in line with other Legacy figures.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
After coming up with all of those, you're gonna hate was the figure's real name is: Shard
Great, now I have to buy it. That'll show em.

Ehh, not really. I like the colors and some of the execution of the different rock striation pattern whatever. But I don't really have room for a whole new rockbot faction. Still, if these get even more interesting redecos, I can be talked into it. (or, again, just reuse this engineering for a normie heli)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Great, now I have to buy it. That'll show em.

Ehh, not really. I like the colors and some of the execution of the different rock striation pattern whatever. But I don't really have room for a whole new rockbot faction. Still, if these get even more interesting redecos, I can be talked into it. (or, again, just reuse this engineering for a normie heli)
I think both the Not-Lords and Bone-bots would be great as repaints with a whole new story connected to it. "Bones & Stones" or something?

Maybe some errant sparks ended up embedded in fossils (basically rocks anyway) and rocks and start the story from there?

Top Bottom