Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have the Netflix Soundwave, but he's yellowed fairly badly already due to that weird plastic issue they were having at the time. If this one comes with Buzzsaw and/or another interesting cassette that I don't have, I may be tempted to replace him.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay. Awesome.

Definitely getting that Gobots set.

Ratchet And Brawn Die, considering it, but might not. Talked myself into the Ironhide set because I could put together a non-dying Prowl and maaaybe remedy the Ironhide. But I'm keeping Earthrise/Galactic Odyssey Ratchet as my main Ratchet, and I might be able to find the single release Brawn. This will likely come with blast effects, which I've taken to collecting, but maybe I'll just get those secondhand.

I was lucky enough to get the Netflix Soundwave, but it's currently Schrodinger's Yellowing Transformer in storage, so depending on how things are going moneywise around release I might bite. Besides, this might come with more than just two cassettes, who knows.

Road Pig I'll probably get.

Very curious about the Mayhems. Might wait to see what this Bludgeon is like before I commit to the Legacy one, which I haven't been able to find at a price I'm fine with locally.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
soundwavetoys.png

The Gobots are conveniently three molds I don't expect to have in any other way. I'll probably get those and Road Pig.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, we could use more of that Soundwave specifically. This-and-that G1-adjacent Soundwave a bit less so. (Although some designs would be great if they ever retooled them into someone else after -- RID2015, Reactivate, Earthspark...)

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
To be fair, we DO need deluxe Seaspray and Powerglide first…
I tend to forget that CW Powerglide and TR Seaspray aren't really that viable anymore.

I know it's not going to happen (Not Sunbow G1 enough), but it would be cool if Powerglide's altmode was designed to specifically be a Cobra Rattler and Seaspray's to be a GIJoe Killer W.H.A.L.E. (maybe possible with an artful pretool?). After Bad Boy and Man-O-War, Viper and a Joe-deco Seaspray would be high on my list of desirable redeco options (also a Tiger Rat Powerglide).

Shadewing

Citizen
I'll admit, I'd be kinda surprised if a Dlx Powerglide didn't also get us a Viper. Looking it up, I realize that a Killer Whale Seaspray, even in colors, would basically be Deep Dive. So Selects Viper vs Deep Dive? Seems something very viable as reuses for them. Probably more so then Badboy and Man-O-war.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Optimus and Bullseye: ****, Ravage really? Worst choice. But I guess it gives Blaster a new cassette.
Perpetuating the old "Ravage is a dog" myth, I guess, but while there could be room to debate *which* Ravage mold to use, they needed something they could viably turn into Target's mascot at a small size, so I'm not sure molds for any non-Ravage characters could viably work.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It wouldn't be "Retro" if it was.

You're thinking of Missing Link. Retro is the Walmart-exclusive line of G1 reissues in uber-cartoon-accurate decos and TFTM-themed packaging.
Oh, forgot Retro was the name of those.

Oh well. I won't say I'm not interested, but... neutral until I see it.

And even then, at this point, I'd rather have the Missing Link version at this point, if I'm going to have a G1 toy Prime in my collection.

Dang, I was really hoping this was a sign we were getting that.

Or did they announce one already? I have this odd feeling in the back of my mind like it was brought up by Hasbro or something, but never mentioned again...

Top Bottom