Darth_Prime

Citizen
Supposedly full set photos of the 5 bot set

IMG_7313.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Fake.

That's just Siege Hound, SS86 Jazz, and the normal Earthrise versions of the others. Standing on a SS86 background. The comments even say they're fan customs. You can see Autobot symbol stickers on them, too.

Besides, it's a Selects set, not Legacy (so wrong thread).

TriBlurr

Citizen
Some computer listing updates courtesy of Jtprime17.

Some new listings and some updates on some previous ones.

Fan channel.

TRA GEN SELECTS DLX 3 PACK TREDS, PATHFINDER, & SMALLFOOT
Product Number: F9650

Target:
TRA BB GEN SS 2 PACK VOY 86 RATCHET, & DLX 86 BRAWN (battle damaged)
Product Number: F9878

(Update)
TRA OPTIMUS PRIME AND AUTOBOT BULLSEYE
Product Number: F9652

Will be a reuse of the laser Optimus cab with the ER trailer in a Target themed deco. Bullseye is a repaint of micro-master Ravage mold.

Walmart:
TRA GEN RETRO OPTIMUS PRIME
Product Number: G0153
(Trailer included)

TRA GEN RETRO BOMBSHELL & RAMHORN
Product Number: G0237

Update:
TRA GEN LEGACY STARSEEKERS DLX ROADPIG
Product Number: G0232

Roadpig is a retool of the Crash-bar mold.

Amazon:
TRA GEN MAYHEM VOY BLUDGEON & DLX RUCKUS
Product Number: G0182

Amazon’s Mayhem Attack Squad Capsule will consist of 3 multipacks, with a total of 7 figures. So 5 more figures remain a mystery.

General Retail Update:

TRA GEN LEGACY UNI LEADER SOUNDWAVE
Product Number: F9188
Is a repaint of the Earthrise Soundwave tooling.

MrBlud

Citizen
Super weird that Target passed on Earth Hound (that everyone wanted) but kept their orders for Shuttle Ratchet and Brawn (which no one does).

Echowarrior

Citizen
Looking forward to that not-GoBots set and the Bullseye set. Twincast's gonna get him a buddy!

Odds are good that I'll pick up most if not all of the Star Seekers, though I'm looking forward to pictures. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Mayhem Attack Squad, though whether I buy them is still to be seen.

Shadewing

Citizen
More Go-Bots: Yes please. Really need to hunt down BugBite now I suppose.

Shuttle Ratchet and Brawn: I think we all knew this was coming. Will be curious to see if Ratchet is the same as Ironhide or will have different damage.

Optimus and Bullseye: ****, Ravage really? Worst choice. But I guess it gives Blaster a new cassette.

Retro releases: I have a friend that will likely want that Optimus.

Roadpig: Kinda disapointed its a retool, but I suppose its understandable.

Mayhem Bludgeon and Ruckus: Ruckus is what's gonna be the deciding factor here, since I got Bludgeon. Still hoping this line gives us Diaclone Topspin as a "prisoner"

Leader Soundwave: So its gonna be the Netflix tooling? Are they gonna just give him all the cassettes or what?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I am excited for more GoBots! It would be cool if we could get Bad Boy to finish out the original set, and maybe some of the others, like Man-O-War and Buggyman!

Shadewing

Citizen
I am excited for more GoBots! It would be cool if we could get Bad Boy to finish out the original set, and maybe some of the others, like Man-O-War and Buggyman!

Yeah, they probably need to make a new Powerglide first, and a Seaspray for Man-O-War, I'd love to them eventually do a three pk for Rest-Q, Buggyman, and Man-O-War; but I'll just be happy if we get a Badboy to round out the Ehobby set.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Super weird that Target passed on Earth Hound (that everyone wanted) but kept their orders for Shuttle Ratchet and Brawn (which no one does).
Might be an issue where just the individual figure assortments did poorly, but the sets might have done better?
To be fair, we DO need deluxe Seaspray and Powerglide first…
It wouldn't be "Retro" if it was.

You're thinking of Missing Link. Retro is the Walmart-exclusive line of G1 reissues in uber-cartoon-accurate decos and TFTM-themed packaging.
I’m still surprised we’ve yet to see Hasbro leverage retro packaging akin to what they did with the Headmasters (old school packaging, modern toys). We’re easy marks, it’s easy money.

In terms of the Legacy clarification…I’m NOT going to hide my disappointment that it isn’t a Machine Wars Soundwave. Mark was a professed fan of Machine Wars, so I figured a retool from Doubledealer was a very high probability. Between this and Dramatic Capture Soundwave, that SHOULD satisfy a bulk of the demand for an Earth Soundwave.
My guess is that the Legacy release will be Earth Soundwave in toy colors (to differentiate from DCA and the original…plus leaves a SS86 version on the table in the future). Probably come with the existing Micromaster Laserbeak and Ravage. But that gets us to about $45-ish of value. While Hasbro could probably fleece fans as is, I’m placing my bets on a redeco of SS86 Frumble in toy Frenzy colors.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In terms of the Legacy clarification…I’m NOT going to hide my disappointment that it isn’t a Machine Wars Soundwave. Mark was a professed fan of Machine Wars, so I figured a retool from Doubledealer was a very high probability. Between this and Dramatic Capture Soundwave, that SHOULD satisfy a bulk of the demand for an Earth Soundwave.
My guess is that the Legacy release will be Earth Soundwave in toy colors (to differentiate from DCA and the original…plus leaves a SS86 version on the table in the future). Probably come with the existing Micromaster Laserbeak and Ravage. But that gets us to about $45-ish of value. While Hasbro could probably fleece fans as is, I’m placing my bets on a redeco of SS86 Frumble in toy Frenzy colors.
They could still surprise us with it being a purple-colored Marvel Soundwave. ;)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Thoughts:

Need the GoBots pack for Cosmos, since I missed the regular release.

Not really the interested in a Target Deco Prime but if we're getting a new cassette character I'm always all in for that.

Retro toys I'll have to see pictures of to see if they change enough. Bombshell was always my favorite Insecticon toy and I do love the clean animation deco on Steeljaw so maybe...

Road pig is another Maybe for me. Depends how much it evokes the original.

I did not get Bludgeon the first time and I want Rukus so that's a yes. I wonder how Bludgeon will be tweeked mostly. Whether there will be any extra remolding or just color variation.

-ZacWilliam, I managed to get Soundwave the first time, but they could sell me by FINALLY doing Buzzsaw dammit.

MrBlud

Citizen
It wouldn't be "Retro" if it was.

You're thinking of Missing Link. Retro is the Walmart-exclusive line of G1 reissues in uber-cartoon-accurate decos and TFTM-themed packaging.

It wouldn’t be wholly off-base for that Prime to be used in that assortment. It would absolutely fit right in with the other molds.

I don’t think they’re going to do that but still…

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
The Gobots pack sounds interesting.

Target deco Prime will be an easy pass for me, but I might be interested in the retro Prime, depending on cost, completeness, etc.

Soundwave will be a "wait and see", as I did manage to find the Wal-Mart Earth mode version.

I am interested in Road Pig though, and very curious as to what Bludgeon will look like. I skipped him because: (a) I bought Tarn and (b) did not care much for the lack of retooling to make him look more like the samurai that he is.

Top Bottom