Transformers Legacy toyline

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wanted toy colors but I was okay with toon colors. But seeing how toon colors work with Galvatron, I'm sold. This was the way to go.
I still want toy colors, but this looks pretty good; maybe toyhax stuff can help add some more visual interest. Held out on the mold to get it as Galvatron (and am also hoping for a Cryotek from TM2 Meg's) and I'll be glad to get it.

Regrettably, I'll have to pass on Tidal Wave, but I'm glad they accomplished what they did with it in this format. Maybe if it were a Commander, but I've about maxed out my space for Titans and all I can make room for is any future improvements on Metroplex and/or Fort Max, for which I can try and sell off the originals.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I'll bite on Tidal Wave. He makes a much better counterpart to Omega Supreme than Devastator and I like the anime colors. Not much use for the Megatron super mode parts. I'll pick up either version of the mold but not a t full price. Tidal Wave's kinda pricy but not like I'm buying much figures nowadays.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm very happy with Tidal Wave on two fronts.

1) He looks cool and great.

2) I feel no need to spend $200 on him as I've held to buying mostly Generations G1 guys and he's just off target enough to pass on.

If someone gets him for me at some point as a birthday or xmas gift I'll be quite happy and if I never own him he doesn't make a hole in my collection. Best of both worlds.

ZacWilliam, having all the Star Seeker subline would likely make me want him a hair more, but being walmart who knows how many of those will be findable.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I
I'll bite on Tidal Wave. He makes a much better counterpart to Omega Supreme than Devastator and I like the anime colors. Not much use for the Megatron super mode parts. I'll pick up either version of the mold but not a t full price. Tidal Wave's kinda pricy but not like I'm buying much figures nowadays.
I may make you an offer on the super mode parts, if you're up for it.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Just because Pulse sold out of Tidal Wave NOW, doesn't mean he won't come back up. Especially when his release gets closer.

This is very true. However, some of us pay a fee to Hasbro to be able to get it NOW (or as close as we are reasonably able), so we won't have to scramble around later. Increasingly, my experience with Pulse is that I am doing much more scrambling outside of their site than I feel I should.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
This is very true. However, some of us pay a fee to Hasbro to be able to get it NOW (or as close as we are reasonably able), so we won't have to scramble around later. Increasingly, my experience with Pulse is that I am doing much more scrambling outside of their site than I feel I should.
So either stop scrambling, or stop paying pulse.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Autobot Trailbreaker In-Hand from Transformers Generations Buzzworthy (17)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Autobot Trailbreaker In-Hand from Transformers Generations Buzzworthy (16a)__scaled_600.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Is the new Tidal Wave just a repaint of the Armada version or is it larger?

Its BIG, haven't you seen the pictures?

He about 19 inches tall, this should give you a bit of a sense of scale:

So he is much larger than the original toy, Hasbro mostly tends to reissue G1 figures from time to time and rarely reissue figures from later lines

Platypus Prime

Citizen
From the videos, without the super mode parts he winds up missing parts of his arms and hands, his legs, and has a hole in the back. They said during the reveal before that they made some areas shift around due to the holes left behind so he wouldn't look as 'incomplete'.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was said back at this toy's first reveal that the arm pieces can attach to Megatron's arms OR shoulders, giving us more options to display the combination however we wish to.
Oh! Okay, so no worries then, I guess.

Wonder why they opted for the version that makes them look like they just hang there, though?

Top Bottom