Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Release Date: July 15, 2024

Retail Price: $199.99 USD

Unite your favorite characters from across the world of Transformers robots into your collection with the Transformers Legacy United Titan Class Armada Universe Tidal Wave action figure! This 19-inch Armada Universe Tidal Wave action figure converts from robot to battle station in 23 steps. The figure also separates into 3 Armada Universe Dark Fleet vehicle toys. Combine the Armada Universe Dark Fleet toys into a battleship combiner mode. This figure is inspired by the character from the animated series, Transformers: Armada, and features articulated head, arms, and legs for awesome action poses. Celebrate the last 40 years of Transformers history with Transformers Legacy action figures. Transformers Legacy opens the portal to a whole new universe of -- More Than Meets the Eye -- bringing together every Transformers generation like you’ve never seen before. Collect and combine different characters to create your ideal Legacy lineup.

Includes parts to combine with Transformers Legacy Evolution Armada Megatron toy, sold separately.

• LARGE 19-INCH ARMADA UNIVERSE TIDAL WAVE ACTION FIGURE: This 19-inch (48 cm) Armada Universe Tidal Wave toy features deco and detail inspiration from the animated series, Transformers: Armada

• 2-IN-1 CONVERTING TRANSFORMERS TOY: This adult collectible Transformers action figure converts from robot to battle station in 23 steps

• ASSEMBLE THE DARK FLEET: Separate the figure to reveal the 3 Armada Universe Dark Fleet vehicle toys. Combine these figures together into a battleship toy

• COMBINE WITH OTHER FIGURES TO UNLOCK BATTLE MODE: Combine the Armada Universe Dark Fleet toys with Armada Universe Megatron or Armada Universe Galvatron (each sold separately, subject to availability)

• ARTICULATED FOR PLAY AND DISPLAY: Transformers figures feature articulated heads, arms, and legs for action poses

• CELEBRATE THE LEGACY: Transformers Legacy United honors 40 years of Transformers animated history! Collect other Legacy: United figures to unite your collection (each sold separately, subject to availability)

• GIFT TRANSFORMERS COLLECTIBLES: This Armada Universe Tidal Wave action figure toy makes a great collectible figure gift for any Transformers fan

Specifications

Manufacturer: Hasbro

Release date: July 15, 2024

Product Dimensions: 24.02 x 5.95 x 14.49 inches

Item Weight: 9.7 ounces

Weight: 0.604 lb

ASIN: B0CG2GGRVB

Item model number: F8512

Manufacturer recommended age: 15 years and up

Language: English

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (18)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (17)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (16)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (15)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (14)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (13)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (12)__s...jpg

Tidal Wave Titan Class Official Images & Detials for Transformers Legacy United Figure (11)__s...jpg

Galvatron incoming..
United Armada Galvatron Revealed from Transformers Legacy Box__scaled_800.jpg

(A shame his shoulders will still be nerfed... )

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Hasbro needs to make money right now and they have some problems, part of which is not their fault but the fault of the Walt Disney company, pretty much being a bunch of idiots and releasing bad product after bad product with their Marvel & Lucasfilm brands among other things that have gone wrong at that company, but the bottomline is that there is to much junk from those brands on the shelves and nobody is buying them, thus a knock on effect, like throwing a stone into a pond, the ripples maybe gone but the stone is still there at the bottom of the pond!!

Anyway, I've preordered from In demand toys as they are selling it cheeper than Hasbro at £199.99, Hasbro UK is asking for about £20 more, Kapow hasn't even listed him, last I checked but then, they aren't what they use to be, I'm not a fan of what they did to their site, its harder to look at a single line, for example legacy, without having to go and look at a best seller and then scroll down to find where it shows the subline and clicking on it, In demand is a much better site in general if you ask me.

Dake

Citizen
Tidal Wave was a "wait and see" release for me, but I am passing. I'm glad that he exists, but I've had recent issues with Hasbro products that have made me not want to give them $200. On principle though, it irks me that I pay money for a Pulse account, but have to use the other company that I also pay money for an account to (Amazon) if I want to get him without shipping costs. Sometimes, this hobby can feel like a real drag.

Do you not get free shipping with the Pulse membership any more (I let mine lapse)?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I don't see any benefit to Hasbro Pulse Premium membership, it just screams scam to me, but then I live in the UK and I just don't see any benefit, when postage is free over a certain amount and that easily made up on TFs these days, the only so called benefit is the abbilty to preorder about an hour ahead of those who don't have Premium, but I wouldn't call that a win! I don't do conventions, so is there any real benefit beyond that, I don't see any, which is why I think its just a scam and not worth the money or am I missing something?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It would have been good if I'd had better luck llast year, I could have maybe got that proton pack. But that's a lot of 'if's and 'maybe's, not enough to have continued it for me. And a I'm in the U.S.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Buzzworthy Bumblebee multipack figures might all be in "toon accurate" paintjobs?

Image of Autobot Trailbreaker Image from Transformers Generations Selects__scaled_800.jpg

Translation:

- "Transformer Generation Buzz Worthy Deluxe Class Autobot Trail Breaker".

CrockAlley

Citizen
Galvatron from the side of the Tidal Wave box, straightened out:
AH8PzKR.jpg

I don't see any benefit to Hasbro Pulse Premium membership, it just screams scam to me

I was a member for years, and it was great. But stuff sells out too quickly now, so it's not worth it for me anymore.

Kapok Toys said:
...have all appeared at half price or less in under 6 months of their intial release...

I guess I haven't been paying attention. Where have Titan Class figures been available for 50% off?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wanted toy colors but I was okay with toon colors. But seeing how toon colors work with Galvatron, I'm sold. This was the way to go.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I guess I haven't been paying attention. Where have Titan Class figures been available for 50% off?
I can't speak for other Titans (because tbh I haven't really been paying much attention to the sales for them cuz I don't have room even if they show up at a crazy good price) but I do know that BlackZarak was available at GameStop for $70 back in November.

So that's one place that's had at least one Titan Class figure for a massive discount.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't see any benefit to Hasbro Pulse Premium membership, it just screams scam to me, but then I live in the UK and I just don't see any benefit, when postage is free over a certain amount and that easily made up on TFs these days, the only so called benefit is the abbilty to preorder about an hour ahead of those who don't have Premium, but I wouldn't call that a win! I don't do conventions, so is there any real benefit beyond that, I don't see any, which is why I think its just a scam and not worth the money or am I missing something?

The free shipping alone makes it worthwhile for me, but results may vary depending on how many things you order.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When I have money again I'm tempted to build an Armada collection. I'm just in awe of how this turned out. I don't know why the toon head looked so weird in the render, because now that we have stock photos of the physical toy it looks fine to me. I can't believe how much I'm liking the look of the combination as well. I was firmly in the camp wanting a big Tidal Wave, because I did not care about the combination. But I actually want to display this combination. The adjusted proportions (including foot extensions) have won me over.

And that Galvatron is just beautiful. That color scheme was always a winner, and it looks like they nailed it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I was a member for years, and it was great. But stuff sells out too quickly now, so it's not worth it for me anymore.

Pulse Premium was pretty good for store exclusives (and, YMMV, still is), but outside of Walmart’s stuff, Hasbro has been pretty good about cycling overstock, reruns, and the other major retailers HAVE stepped up to improve availability. And all considered, I’d rather give my money to Hasbro (or proxy) than Walmart.

In terms of “cheap Titans”, Best Buy (I assume they got some overstock for the holidays) had both Cybertron Metroplex and Black Zarack routinely on sale for $120 or less. Black Zarak even hit under $100 several times. However, by and large, I’ve really not seen Titans really “stagnate” on the US market. Cybertron Metroplex is the biggest “Titan fizzle” I can recall since they became a regular yearly offering. And I think Hasbro’s tweaked the production numbers to mitigate that issue (I NEVER saw Nemesis on sale, and Armada Prime was either the strongest selling Commander we’ve yet gotten, or Hasbro trimmed the production low enough for full sell through).

In terms of Tidal Wave? I am completely happy with what Hasbro has been able to deliver here. For all the different “plates” they were trying to juggle (toy vs cartoon colors, cartoon/toy scale vs iconic game scale, combining vs size, etc), I think Hasbro delivered on everything they practically could. Us game fans get our giant battleship, cartoon fans get their deco, and they even managed to deliver a means of combining with the Armadatrons. And just to juice it up, they managed the best base mode any Titans has yet sported.

It would be HIGHLY hypocritical of me to spend the last…ten years?…harking for a Titan Tidal Wave and not get him. I’m getting Tidal Wave, the question is, if I manage to snag a discount. Regardless, I’m not in any rush to preorder a toy seven-ish months out and will be available AT LEAST through the holiday season. But I don’t intend to stall too long…not after how Nemesis did. Magmatron? I think he might end up a softer seller like Rodimus Prime ended up being.

And just a heads up, of sorts. JtPrime DID post a near complete list of the United 2024 product calendar a few months back. While subject to change (especially the back half), it’s probably a good “guide map” to the upcoming line. I won’t post the full thing for those wanting a surprise, but it does indicate Armada Galvatron is slated for release about the same time as Tidal Wave.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Just because Pulse sold out of Tidal Wave NOW, doesn't mean he won't come back up. Especially when his release gets closer.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As much as I hate to say it, I probably have to bow out of most major Titans going forward. I just don't have the room.

That also unfortunately includes the Ark and the Nemesis. But at least Tidal Wave looks like he'd be easier to store, breaking him down into his individual components.

I might be able to manage one more... that spot is reserved for G1 Fortress Maximus (or a recolor, or faithful modern reproduction), of course. I will knock someone over if the stars finally align and the opportunity presents itself for me to finally get one.

Galvatron incoming..
United Armada Galvatron Revealed from Transformers Legacy Box__scaled_800.jpg

(A shame his shoulders will still be nerfed... )
Oof, it's even worse than that... didn't the pieces attach to his lower arms before, so he could, you know, aim them and stuff?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Oof, it's even worse than that... didn't the pieces attach to his lower arms before, so he could, you know, aim them and stuff?
Yes.png

Reminder though that Legacy Armada Megatron's shoulder joints are nerfed, so they can't be moved backwards, which severely limits the figure's posability. Perhaps that's why?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It was said back at this toy's first reveal that the arm pieces can attach to Megatron's arms OR shoulders, giving us more options to display the combination however we wish to.

Top Bottom