Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I hope Japan gets these MTMTE Cybertronian figures. We've had bugger-all exclusive TFs for a while now, excluding overpriced slight recolours of BW figures and the odd, overpriced "special" Optimus Prime here and there...

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I hope that the next attempt at on-screen Cybertronian modes takes a page from The War Within and at least tweaks the robot modes to make sense.

BB and Jazz are fine for what they tried to do (I'm on the fence re: Wheeljack), but they can do something else next time.

I always liked the War Within callback on Ironhide (and Kup?) to the original Ironhide toy where the windshield wound up in front of their face. I kind of wish Siege had done that.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So attempted a quick and dirty attempt of what I'd image such a vehcile mode to look like

mtmteop.png
DivideandConquer_slopedPrime.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here's what Marvel gave him, alongside the Triggerbots' totally-not-Earth modes.

1702358491560.jpeg

Honestly, I'd love to see this in toy form -- especially as he still turned into the same G1 OP we all know and love.

Speaking of which, he also apparently had this...

1702358567465.jpeg

...that would be cool, but I'm less excited about that one.

Both images from TFWiki, btw.

Shadewing

Citizen
Here's what Marvel gave him, alongside the Triggerbots' totally-not-Earth modes.

View attachment 18194

Honestly, I'd love to see this in toy form -- especially as he still turned into the same G1 OP we all know and love.

If it was a hover vehicle, I think it'd be perfect. But I'll agree its a very good design.

The Combat vehicle one, looks like you could kinda make it with a modified Scoop.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It makes more sense when you realize that humans didn't have to fit in it, and almost all of cybertron qualifes as "paved".

That is why I like the War Within and the Video Games desgins for pre-earth OP, he looks alien, yet transforms into a familar looking bot, the Seige figure, just screams that OP has already been to Earth and returned to Cybertron to fight even more intense battles there that requires him to alter his alt mode as blending in, isn't a priorty anymore and he taken some damage over the various battles!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always assumed the second was supposed to be mid-transformation. It just isn't conveyed well because we don't see the end result.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
Marvel gave Blaster a pre-Earth mode, too. Trying to remember if anyone else got one. IIRC Cosmos and the Insecticons were unchanged.

Weren't Beachcomber and the Coneheads in that story also?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Meanwhile, Cyberverse just had everyone already have Earth vehicle modes on Cybertron before ever coming to Earth (which was also the case in Challenge of the GoBots).

All except for Grimlock, who did have to acquire his T-Rex mode from prehistoric Earth.

Glitch

Citizen
Shock shock shock WAAAAAAAAAAVE!

Well the giant Pokemon sounding titan will definitely be in my collection.

And I must say, WERE MISSING THE GREATEST TRANSFORMERS EPIC EVER! NEMESIS! JUNKIONS! MAGMATRON! ANIMATED CHARACTERS!

On the other hand Netflix would just made some generic G1 show.

Top Bottom