Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is one Titan where I would happily trade some size for extra complexity. Give me all the doodads and gimmicks from the Armada toy even if it means he's a bit shorter than some of the other Titans.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hopefully the combining parts for Legacy Armada Megatron will still be compatible with the figure after it has been upgraded with the shoulder upgrade kit made by SamMakesToys.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
From what I recall hearing, the rumor was that he'll have parts that detach for the combining gimmick. So for example there'll be a mini-aircraft carrier part that detaches from the main part and clips onto Megatron rather than the entire aircraft carrier part trying to attach

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wonder if they'll do a repaint of him into his Energon colours, that's the Tidalwave I have, thou they might also do his toy colour scheme, but we'll see!

Dake

Citizen
I know we've theorized that he'll be a remold of the Ark - I wonder if the combiner parts will come from the Teletraan-1 analog?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, ever since the current Hasbro team took over from the previous one, every Titan has been their own appropriate mold, with the only Titan mold reuses from this team being ones that make sense/have precedent: the Guardian Robot from Omega Supreme, and Black Zarak from Scorponok.

Fort Max from Metroplex was the previous team, and such an extensive Titan mold retool hasn't been repeated since.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I expect a couple of parts of the ark would of been used in terms of joints, but we'll see, thou with the actual Kingdom Ark, I can see a retool into animated Omega surpeme for that mold

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Armada Megatron has some future-proofed attachment points so they’ll definitely find some way to incorporate the combination. I’d bet on detachable parts that resemble the parts of Tidal Wave and can also be used as weaponizer equipment for other toys.
What about the G1 toon does't make sense? I mean, in general, not animation or continuity mistakes.
The continuity mistakes and all the retcons make it difficult to figure out so when I see the G1 cartoon, I don’t bother to think about it and just go along with whatever happens.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, I forgot what led me onto this train of thought, but...

Wouldn't it be cool if Legacy (or whatever by-now arbitrary line name) released some of the Turbomasters?

Pyro would be neat, and maybe we could finally get Hyperdrive as a toy?

But of course, the one they'd kind of have to do at this point is Thunderclash.

Who could have an easy p/retool as Machine Wars Optimus Prime, naturally.

I feel like that poses a bit of a question, though: Should that version of Optimus be a straight-up repaint of Thunderclash?

1701319001929.jpeg

Or should he be retooled to look more like the box art?

1701319034833.jpeg

Or maybe there's a happy medium to be had?

NGL, all three appeal to me. I like Thunderclash's colors, but as OP goes, I saw the toy sitting at Kaybee many a time, yet never pulled the trigger. As a result, I kind of associate him more with how he appeared on the box.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'd argue that, were they to give us a new Thunderclash, they'd release Thunderclash, then later do a retool and slight recolor as MW Optimus Prime.

But yes, new Turbomasters would be awesome. Under ideal circumstances, we'd get a modern update of every G1 toy.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd argue that, were they to give us a new Thunderclash, they'd release Thunderclash, then later do a retool and slight recolor as MW Optimus Prime.

But yes, new Turbomasters would be awesome. Under ideal circumstances, we'd get a modern update of every G1 toy.
I'd argue it depends on how in need they are of an Optimus otherwise. I mean, we got Shadow Striker before Sideburn and Detritus before Hound, after all.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been itching for a Machine Wars Optimus since I wound out there was such a thing. My KB Toys seemingly only got the Basics.

Why I never just got an original on eBay... I don't know.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I really don't want him to combine with Megatron. I just want an epic large aircraft carrier Titan.
I might be a heretic for saying this, but they could either ship him with some detachable faux-parts that could combine with Megatron, or think of a way to reimagine the combination? Personally, I thought Megatron's official combination with Tidalwave looked a bit pants.

Edit:

Ninj'd by Dekafox.

heresy-detected-warhammer40k.gif

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
If they ever do a Thunderclash then MW Optimus is an inevitability. Hasbro likes having an Optimus Prime on the shelf as much as possible, and if they're going to go through the trouble of making a Legacy Thunderclash then a MW Optimus repaint is a super easy way to do that.

Top Bottom