Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
With this current Hasbro team, I feel like they probably would have used the name "Lio Convoy" for his Legacy toy had the name been available for TakaraTomy to use in Jaoan at the time (it seems to be back now, but for some reason the "Convoy" name was apparently off limits to Takara at the time of the Legacy toy's creation).

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Given Big Convoy’s bulk, Hasbro could well go back to the “smaller leader with extra junk” angle we saw with Coronation Starscream or many of the WfC Leaders. As the “One Robot Army”, I don’t think it’d be a stretch to see Hasbro throw in a bunch of weapons.

Magnus Primal? Maximus Prime/Primal? Loxodonus Prime? Mammus Prime/Primal?

If they gave him a ton of extra weapons, they could do a portmanteau of 'Mammoth' and 'Armory'... Mammory Maximus!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I just got Legacy Armada Megatron, as he's a new release in Japan.

WHAT...A...PIECE...OF...SH*T.

The designer responsible for this should lose their job. How can they manage to make the shoulders WORSE than the Combiner Wars or even the original version? I've seen an upgrade kit for it but it's only available via paypal. Why couldn't Hasblo have included this or just added flap at the back of the shoulder, just like the one at the front?

I'm SO annoyed about this sh*tty figure that I might send it back. I certainly won't be getting any repaints of this.

This is possibly the worst Legacy figure to date, IMO.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The shoulder design really is an issue. No figure to date benefits from that design. Some designer just personally likes it and is shoving it where it doesn't belong.

I don't think it ruins Legacy Armada Megatron, but it is dumb and annoying.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I just got Legacy Armada Megatron, as he's a new release in Japan.

WHAT...A...PIECE...OF...SH*T.

The designer responsible for this should lose their job. How can they manage to make the shoulders WORSE than the Combiner Wars or even the original version? I've seen an upgrade kit for it but it's only available via paypal. Why couldn't Hasblo have included this or just added flap at the back of the shoulder, just like the one at the front?

I'm SO annoyed about this sh*tty figure that I might send it back. I certainly won't be getting any repaints of this.

This is possibly the worst Legacy figure to date, IMO.
This too shall pass.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The shoulder design really is an issue. No figure to date benefits from that design. Some designer just personally likes it and is shoving it where it doesn't belong.

I don't think it ruins Legacy Armada Megatron, but it is dumb and annoying.
This. I still think he's a cool figure with an annoying shoulder design, but I don't regret getting him.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
All I know re: all this BW2 Galvatron talk is: (1) He's still one of my favorite toys ever, and (2) mine has acquired a small handful of busted ratchets, broken clips, etc. over the years, so I would like a new, modern take on him, pretty please.

Last edited:

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Some designer just personally likes it and is shoving it where it doesn't belong.
So according to the Wiki it doesn't appear there was much designer crossover between the Laser Prime mould and the Armada Megatron mould in Legacy. Now take that with a grain of salt because it's the Wiki and their info could be incomplete. Still, it doesn't appear as if they share a principal designer who forced the same shoulder design in.

It might just be one way they do shoulders in general, and they haven't caught on that it's unpopular.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Imagine getting that mad over a literal children's toy like goddamn seriously please go outside. It's literally not that bad.
Related to this... I was a kid when Armada came out, I had the original Armada Megatron, and still have him.

When I got Legacy Armada Megs I had some serious flashback moments. Sure, he doesn't have all of the original's gimmicks but the thing is so lovingly sculpted after the original that I found myself trying to activate them via muscle memory. I've had the original for so long that and this thing was so accurate to it that it tricked my monkey brain into thinking it was the same thing multiple times when I first handled it!

That- and being able to do things with this classic design like bend his knees(!)- just brought out a sense of childhood joy in me. Yeah the shoulders aren't what I would have done but it's such a small gripe compared to everything awesome that toy does that I can't fathom...

... what's that? Doesn't have his knife hand?

0/10
Worst toy ever
Burn Hasbro and TakaraTomy to the ground and shame the survivors in the town square!

Shadewing

Citizen
Related to this... I was a kid when Armada came out, I had the original Armada Megatron, and still have him.

When I got Legacy Armada Megs I had some serious flashback moments. Sure, he doesn't have all of the original's gimmicks but the thing is so lovingly sculpted after the original that I found myself trying to activate them via muscle memory. I've had the original for so long that and this thing was so accurate to it that it tricked my monkey brain into thinking it was the same thing multiple times when I first handled it!

That- and being able to do things with this classic design like bend his knees(!)- just brought out a sense of childhood joy in me. Yeah the shoulders aren't what I would have done but it's such a small gripe compared to everything awesome that toy does that I can't fathom...

... what's that? Doesn't have his knife hand?

0/10
Worst toy ever
Burn Hasbro and TakaraTomy to the ground and shame the survivors in the town square!

Yeah the lack of Knife, even as an accessory, is honestly my biggest complaint/annoyance with the mold.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
While I agree, if only for nostalgia's sake, that they didn't even include the combat knife as like a peg accessory is a huge shame and a massive oversight.

But he's a literal ******* TANK. If he has to resort to a KNIFE!!! he's not only failed as a soldier, he's failed as ******* artillery.

Top Bottom