Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Some comparisons, with the original on the left and the new version on the right.

Magmatron #1.jpg

Magmatron #2.jpg

I wonder if the "Dinosaur Centipede" mode will be included?
Magmatron14_1211711689.jpg

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Dude, I almost had a crisis over this the other month. I was standing in a gamestop staring at the reissue scorponok, and realized I (still) had the original, and I bought it in high school.

I graduated in 2000, I'm ******* forty. Where did the time go?
I work with new nurses young enough to be MY DAUGHTER. THAT will mess with your head a bit.

In regards to Magmatron: On the whole, I think the new figure provides enough to be a justifiable improvement over the original. I think my biggest issue is the same one I had with Silverbolt: In trying to maintain accuracy to the original design/look of the character, they end up keeping a lot of the “oddities” of the original design I wished had been addressed better/differently. Magmatron always had a ”messy” design due to his nature as combiner, but I think the inclusion of the extra articulation ends up “accentuating“ the design’s innate “jank”.

All that said, I think between the two, the newer version IS the superior product. Better articulation in bot mode, better details, better deco, and I think the Dino parts are ALL improvements over the original. Hell, given the age of the original (last major release was a 2005-ish Sonokong run), the new one is probably cheaper and easier to get.

CrockAlley

Citizen
As is common with the Beast Era, the original toy's proportions are not as good as you remember. The changes are subtle, but they add up.
I mean, I own the original, so I remember it pretty good. I acknowledge the new guy is a step up, but we’re not talking original Cheetor vs Earthrise Cheetor. Compared to that glow-up, yeah, Magmatron is lateral.

I’m not trying to knock the new toy (I do like it), it’s just that I don’t think there’s as much room for improvement as there is with, say, the year-one BW toys, or any of the G1 toys.

Perhaps a better way to say it is: this new Magmatron is very evocative of the old toy, in a way that I’m not used to seeing with Generations updates. It’s neat. I like them both.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It just dawned on me. Despite his name, Big Convoy is actually supposed to be the exact same height as both Lio Convoy and Optimus Primal. If we do get a new updated Big Convoy figure at the correct height he is supposed to be at, then he won't really be as big as his name implies.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
It just dawned on me. Despite his name, Big Convoy is actually supposed to be the exact same height as both Lio Convoy and Optimus Primal. If we do get a new updated Big Convoy figure at the correct height he is supposed to be at, then he won't really be as big as his name implies.

Big doesn't necessarily mean tall; Big Convoy is bulkier.

Top Bottom