Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
This is what I've thought since pics first surfaced. That huge expanse of gold plastic seemed kind of dull, but I'd hoped something was being lost to the camera. Oh well, Reprolabels will probably come up with something.
The problem is, other than shiny gold, he is kind of boring looks wise. A few black painted lines like we see in the anime would have helped to break it up a bit though.
Metalhawk Cartoon.jpg
Metalhawk toy.jpg

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
No parking means no parking.

It's a decent deco, and the headsculpt is great (though I'm not sure about goign with toy accuracy over show accuracy here) but the vehicle mode is just wrong all around and the bot mode tries. It tries SO hard but I'm not sure it gets there.

I dunno; I don't have an especial fondness for RiD so I probably wasn't going to pick this up anyhow, despite being a junkion-type, but is this doing it for RiD fans?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While I liked RID, its about my favourte TF show, this Towline, be honest, I'm not exactly a super fan of the mold, mainly how the arms store in vehicle mode, its troublesome getting them in and the joint on the elbow I fear will break, one day, then Towline wasn't exactly a important character, he had his debut ep and after that he didn't show up again until the finally same with Skids, but at least Towline had a memorible quote "No Parking, means no Parking!!!" otherwise he would pretty much be a forgotten character similar to most of the Spy changers, they barely had any personalties to them and the show focused primary on the Autobot brothers, OP, Magnus and the combiners for the Autobots as characters

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I dunno; I don't have an especial fondness for RiD so I probably wasn't going to pick this up anyhow, despite being a junkion-type, but is this doing it for RiD fans?
For me, it feels like back when Cybertron Scourge was redecoed into RID'01 Bruticus in the 2008-2009 Universe line, which was both weird and awesome at the same time. In that sense, this to me isn't RID'01 Tow-Line as seen in the cartoon, but a new-body upgrade of him from a post-series point in time.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Tow-Line is lovely, but I won't be getting one. I don't mind that the vehicle mode isn't the same sort of tow truck as his original. I mind more that his robot mode looks so different. But even still, I do like how he looks. The colors particularly are great to me. But there's still a thing that breaks it for me. The only new part is the head. If they had retooled the truck to not look like a Mad Max vehicle, I'd have bought him.

Though if they didn't retool much yet he was still a great match for his animation counterpart, I would have bought him anyway (this is the reason I'm likely to buy new Studio Series 86 Ratchet and Frenzy). I also would have bought him if I didn't already have Scraphook. But of course I do. So it's okay for me to skip Tow-Line.

I know they might never do another Tow-Line, and that sucks. But like with the Galaxy Shuttle they did from Astrotrain, I just don't feel like this is definitive enough for the character to justify me getting another copy of the mold.

I guess the somewhat-budgeted thing is working for me... 🤨

The Phazer

Citizen

Nope.

But Tow Line didn't ultimately need improving anyway. Replacement Combatrons or Spychangers with articulation is really the only things I'd be interested in (or the Predacon Base at Titan scale I guess), otherwise RID is already a very show accurate line for the most part with good articulation - all that remakes are going to be is more cheaply made inaccurate versions.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I really want a Collaborative Transformers Mystery Machine. A lot. More than any other Collaborative idea I can think of. Even more than the Batmobile and the Star Trek Enterprise. (But I'd like to have those too.)
If I get an enterprise transformer, it has to be a titan class AND it has to only come up to the knee on metroplex. Literally the smallest titan ever.

Top Bottom