Transformers Legacy toyline

Onyx

Citizen
Do to unemployment, I missed out on all of the CW, TR and PotP combiners. I was planning on getting them all on eBay, since I now have some income. However with the Legacy trilogy (?) seemingly doing combiners again. Should I pay the high eBay prices for the past trilogy combiners or wait and get the new ones as they're released?

Really wish we knew which combiners we we're getting after Menasor. Are they doing ALL of the show combiners? Just a few?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Odds wise I'd say Bruticus has got a 90% chance. They love doing them and there's a metric ton of repaint potential.

Superion and Defensor probably have an 80% chance being big names in the Cartoon and counterparts to the Con guys.

I'd give Devastator and Predaking 75% odds. Big names but harder to do, and harder to top the previous versions at Generations price points.

Let's say 50% chance of Technobots and Terrorcons. G1 but lesser known. Their odds go up if all the others above them get made, because then its "completing the set" to do them.

All the rest I'd give 30-40% odds because they're all awfully obscure to spend a commander on.

-ZacWilliam, a little sad because I'd LOVE Commander Monstructor as a set.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I was pretty happy with most of the teams from CW. I skipped Menasor because he was pretty lackluster and I figured they'd get around to redoing him someday. I don't see myself re-buying any of those groups, but I would be interested in any that never received toys in Combiner Wars such as Monstructor / Dinoking.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I thought I was happy with all the CW gestalts until I went to move Menasor in my display after not touching him since he was completed and yeah, he kinda does suck. He looks questionable at best and is wobbly and awkward and fall-apart-ish.

-ZacWilliam, so mayyyybe I'll just replace him... he says worrying about opening that door.

Onyx

Citizen
Odds wise I'd say Bruticus has got a 90% chance. They love doing them and there's a metric ton of repaint potential.

Superion and Defensor probably have an 80% chance being big names in the Cartoon and counterparts to the Con guys.

I'd give Devastator and Predaking 75% odds. Big names but harder to do, and harder to top the previous versions at Generations price points.

Let's say 50% chance of Technobots and Terrorcons. G1 but lesser known. Their odds go up if all the others above them get made, because then its "completing the set" to do them.

All the rest I'd give 30-40% odds because they're all awfully obscure to spend a commander on.

-ZacWilliam, a little sad because I'd LOVE Commander Monstructor as a set.

Ok. So I would be pretty safe getting the Seacons , Volcanicus, Terrorcons, Technobots and maybe Predaking and Devastator. Hopefully, if we get another opportunity to ask questions, we can get a better idea of what their plans are for the combiners.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Sadly, my absolute favorites were Thunder Mayhem and Wreckage, from the TFSS. I sold them because I needed a tumor out much more than I needed toys, but I know I'm not likely to ever see their like again. They looked equally awesome combined or seperated, I'm glad I took a plot of pictures! Still, the fact that a couple Transformers combiner teams got me through a medical mess is the sort of thing my kid-self years ago would have loved.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I don't think we'll see any other combiners for quite a while, outside of Mensor, its a case of Hasbro pretty much realising that, fans weren't really happy with how he turned out, but at least the character for a desent quote in the TV show "They are going to build an army of combiners!" which turned out to be a big fat lie!

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The added articulation and detail would be a significant improvement over the CW and even the UW versions. Even the improved articulation of UW were somewhat aesthetically questionable

also, Devastator and the constructicons were already pretty big for the previous scale but they are absurdly huge in the new one.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Do to unemployment, I missed out on all of the CW, TR and PotP combiners. I was planning on getting them all on eBay, since I now have some income. However with the Legacy trilogy (?) seemingly doing combiners again. Should I pay the high eBay prices for the past trilogy combiners or wait and get the new ones as they're released?

Really wish we knew which combiners we we're getting after Menasor. Are they doing ALL of the show combiners? Just a few?

I had them all but I had to sell them in the purge of 2018, and like you, I didn't want to spend $250-$350 a combiner. So I got some knock offs that are great quality off of ebay. They work for me, and I got Defensor, Bruticus, and Superion for like $45 shipped total. I plan on buying the new menasor as he doesn't seem to get the KO treatment, sadly nor does Computron.

Onyx

Citizen
I had them all but I had to sell them in the purge of 2018, and like you, I didn't want to spend $250-$350 a combiner. So I got some knock offs that are great quality off of ebay. They work for me, and I got Defensor, Bruticus, and Superion for like $45 shipped total. I plan on buying the new menasor as he doesn't seem to get the KO treatment, sadly nor does Computron.

I think I know which KOs you're talking about. Are they the same size as the Hasbro versions?

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
the CoolBecomeBrave KOs are basically 1:1 copies down to the packaging text aping the real deal. Only real way to tell at a glance is the shitty insignia and I guess the voyagers also coming in a bigger version of the deluxe packaging. They were great for parts.

They also made a downscaled CW Devastator. That one is kinda iffy though.

Last edited:

Bonebot

Citizen
20190721_140654.jpg

The downsized Devastator is about a head taller than the other combiners. Plastic quality seems pretty good, and some parts have been redesigned to work better at a smaller size. I keep hoping for a similar-sized version of POTP Predaking.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have that Devastator as well, and I agree completely. While I'm not opposed to a giant Devastator, a head taller than the other combiner teams fit better into my collection. And I, too, have been hoping for a long time for a downscaled Predaking.

Top Bottom