Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Magmatron is not a character I am familiar with or attached to. I never got around to watching the japanese beast wars stuff...

Still... that is an impressive toy...
He was in the IDW Beast Wars comic. He had a fight with Grimlock.

And Megatron.

IDW_Megatron_Magmatron_1.png

And then he led the Dinobots during the Beast Machines era, alongside T-Wrecks.
dinobots.jpg

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Magmatron is not a character I am familiar with or attached to. I never got around to watching the japanese beast wars stuff...

Still... that is an impressive toy...

Agreed. I'm not a Beast Wars person (I know, I know. It just happened during that "too cool for Transformers" window of my life so I don't have any nostalgia for it) but I can't avoid any good dinosaur Transformer. And this guy is THREE* dinosaurs!

*ONE dinosaur and TWO extinct reptiles of other various types

NovaSaber

Citizen
Skysaurus looks...awkward the way it's posed. Is it actually designed for a more realistic quadruped posture?

Lobjob

Citizen
I fondly remember Magmatron as the reformed Predacon Commander who led/co-captained the BM Dinobots with T-Wrecks in an open rebellion to free Cybertron from Megatron's grasp.

Rarely has this been expanded upon in fiction, but its compelling nonetheless.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, remember that those toys first came out in 1999, so they'd be old enough to drink and almost old enough to rent a car at this point.
Dude, I almost had a crisis over this the other month. I was standing in a gamestop staring at the reissue scorponok, and realized I (still) had the original, and I bought it in high school.

I graduated in 2000, I'm ******* forty. Where did the time go?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think that's why TT resold an anime-coloured version of Big Convoy to go alongside MP Lio Convoy as the original figure was "good enough".

I wouldn't mind a new BC, but it might be a challenge to simulate the "shell-forming kibble" in robot mode, without the complexity and "look at him the wrong way and ask his junk will fall off of his many ball joints" or "can't hold the big gun properly" issues of the original mold (and I LOVE that mold, even though it's a pain to transform).

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Seasaurus mostly suffers from the hollow neck, but those sections could be rotated around to hide it if someone were actually planning to display it like that.

Now show us the Orgysaur mode.

Top Bottom