Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The feet are just a baffling change. The original chonky feet are part of Animated Bumblebee's look, and would also look totally normal on a G1ified body. They're based on G1 Bumblebee's feet in the first place. Plenty of G1 Autobots have big chonky feet. It's normal. This is a change that makes the design less Animated, but not more G1. It's nothing.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Makes me want to see their take on Animated Seekers. Animated is my least favorite aesthetic of all the lines, but I did always kind of dig the seeker design.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It reminds me of the cheaper, simpler Animated toys (the ones with gimmicks), where they compromised the Animated aesthetic for structural integrity around whatever gimmick (be it a legends scale figure, an automorph feature, etc). In the end, we got weird looking figures.

I might buy it still and repaint the face to include a longer nose and better mouth but I'm not sure if I'll buy this. It's definitely the weakest Animated crossover figures in the Legacy line IMO.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don't know if I hate Blitzwing or the seeker mold more. Blitzwing had great potential scuppered by terrible QC while the Seeker has terrible proportions all in the service of from what I can tell, the retracting cockpit.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I don't know if I hate Blitzwing or the seeker mold more. Blitzwing had great potential scuppered by terrible QC while the Seeker has terrible proportions all in the service of from what I can tell, the retracting cockpit.
Yeah, it never made sense to me how the 2007 movie line's Automorph gimmick crept into several of the early-wave Animated molds. If anything, that gimmick severely weakened almost all of those molds.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Automorph adds some spectacle when done right. They just didn't have good ideas for what to do with it, and did it anyway.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I guess hot off the Unicron trilogy, they felt they needed some kind of line-wide gimmick.

Might also be an attempt to emulate season 1’s more common use of snappy stock footage transformations compared to later seasons.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I mean, the 2007 movie line was what they'd just been doing. It's not like they reached deep into the archives and brought back a random gimmick from 1993.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen

The Animated Bumblebee is part of the third part of Legacy, called Legacy United, along with an Animated Optimus Prime.

transformers-legacy-united-deluxe-class-animated-universe-bumblebee-1.jpgtransformers-legacy-united-deluxe-class-animated-universe-bumblebee-2.jpg
transformers-legacy-united-voyager-class-animated-universe-optimus-prime-1.jpgtransformers-legacy-united-voyager-class-animated-universe-optimus-prime-2.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
That surprisingly looks like it doesnt share any parts with the previous Prime Mold. I didn't think that was possible.

I guess they decide that its time to retire those molds for the time being!

Prime looks kind of WEIRD, even for animated style, thou I think I chalk it up to the maskless face, but then to me, Optimus prime without a face mask has always looked a bit weird

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I like our Animated boys here. Don’t like that Bees Stingers are hand held but other wise I can deal with his less rounded bot mode. Likewise with Optimus. By now we know not to expect a 1 to 1 recreation, but he looks good in both Bot and Truck form. I just down that they didn’t use the opportunity to use him as Leader class and give him a full Fire truck trailer…. But could we be getting RiD Optimus for that….

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like that animated Optimus Prime, and I need a big Optimus for my Animated collection, as that was one I never got around to getting.

Top Bottom