PicsArt_1690276065740.png

PicsArt_1690276043130.png

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, I am seriously impressed here.

I thought Orion Pax was just a simple recolor/remold from Hound, but to turn from a green jeep into a red and blue robot? Now that is some genius engineering! You can't even see the other mode's colors in either form!
Weird decision to make the tallest Maximal in Beast Machines a tiny Core class figure, though.
With his design? A core class BM Cheetor will probably look eye-to-eye with Legacy Galvatron.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Okay, I am seriously impressed here.

I thought Orion Pax was just a simple recolor/remold from Hound, but to turn from a green jeep into a red and blue robot? Now that is some genius engineering! You can't even see the other mode's colors in either form!
Pics aren't mine and the original set didn't seem to feature the correct alt mode either.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
So I picked up Armada Megatron today. It's a great figure overall. Shoulders should probably be locked into place in robot mode, but it's honestly not too bad.

What I find myself loving/being frustrated by is that he's such a faithful sculpt of the original, and I LOVED that original toy. So when I'm holding him my muscle memory of the original kicks in and I end up trying to activate features this new guy just doesn't have. And on one hand that's fine. He's a different figure trying to do completely different stuff. And he pulls off what he sets out to do well. He's a full-sized transforming Armada Megatron who can pose in ways the original never could. And I'm not expecting firing weapons really, but the lack of spring loaded bits, including his knife hand, just leave me feeling like something was lost in all of this.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I blame the joyless grumpy people who derided Armada back in the day. People actually complained about the knife not being very impressive looking.

Being impressive wasn't the point. The point was that Armada Megatron never runs out of weapons. Just when you think he's out of ammo- *stab*

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I blame the joyless grumpy people who derided Armada back in the day. People actually complained about the knife not being very impressive looking.

Being impressive wasn't the point. The point was that Armada Megatron never runs out of weapons. Just when you think he's out of ammo- *stab*
Armada Megs was a great toy and the knife was perfect. The final scene between him and OP in the show more than justified it as-is.

Honestly? I would have taken Armada Megs But With Knees. Which is sort of what we got? I'm happy for it, but I miss all the fun stuff we lost.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Idk, much as I like having Jolt in an all new color, I still would've preferred getting two Jolts (one red, one yellow) packed in, even if it meant not getting the guns and blast effects. That might have gotten me to backtrack and get regular Hot Shot.

Top Bottom