Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not going to watch it. I'm just not into crossovers, but this one totally works for me. I don't know the reference, so I look at this and just see the Transformer, and I like what I see. It looks like the best van mold yet.

You should check out the show. Its good beyond the 1980s references.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Re: Crossovers Thunder Machine Soundwave, does anyone know if he can hold G1 cassettes? I know he's made to hold MP Ravage, but I've also heard it's not a perfect 1:1 both ways for some reason (I don't have any MP Soundwave or cassettes so I don't know why).

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
My experience with G1 cassettes in MP Soundwave were that for the most part, they fit although certain cassettes being a hair thicker or wider would cause the spring-loaded mechanism to malfunction.

It’ll probably work just fine with the crossover toy if it’s just a hole in Soundwave’s chest.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Apparently my Code Red is being delivered by Gigawatt:

20231126_142928.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"I traveled to the far future and had the engine upgraded!"
"Great, how much better is it?"
"88 Miles Per Gallon!"

I'm interested in the pictures of this one, as I didn't order it and the packaging looks very interesting. Crossovers sometimes have some really neat stuff for art, like how the box scene from Gigawatt can be replicated with Ghostbusters Prime.

50654723587_aa232d15af_c.jpg

NovaSaber

Citizen
Out of curiosity I looked to see what some of the old "project" code names that weren't obvious in hindsight might have been, and according to TF Wiki, "Waffles" is Code Red (I've never seen Stranger Things so maybe that one makes sense) and "Jojo" is the Thunder Machine Soundwave (All I can think of is because "Jojo" is "Joe" repeated twice?).

What got me thinking of that was that now we've got three new ones:

More listings have come in today once again courtesy of TFW’s Jtprime17, this time codenames for some 2024 Collaborative items:

TRA GEN COLLAB PROJECT KNIGHT
Product Number: F9653

TRA GEN COLLAB PROJECT RENNAISSANCE
Product Number: F9656

TRA GEN COLLAB PROJECT TAILS
Product Number: G0050

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Out of curiosity I looked to see what some of the old "project" code names that weren't obvious in hindsight might have been, and according to TF Wiki, "Waffles" is Code Red (I've never seen Stranger Things so maybe that one makes sense)

In Stranger Things season 1 and 2, at least, Eleven, one of the main characters, has a fondness for Eggo waffles.

I'm hoping Knight is KITT from Knight Rider. I want that crossover something fierce.

Agree that TMNT is the most likely option for Renaissance.

Tails has me stumped; surely they aren't doing a Sonic the Hedgehog crossover?

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I too hope Project Knight is for Knight Rider, but it almost feels too... Straight forward compared to other code names.

Then again Gigawatt was Future and the JP ones were Park and Island, but maybe that's more of an obvious in hindsight thing.

Top Bottom