Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While I'm not getting this, as I not seen Stranger Things and only heard about it, that figure looks like it would make a better Ironhide than Studio series!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These pics do make the proportions look a little off, mostly just slightly too-long legs, but I'm still very much looking forward to it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's definitely worth a watch. I'm no fan of the horror genre, but as a series it is an absolute genuine love letter to the 1980s.
Yeah, I've gleaned that much from people talking (and nitpicking) everything from the NES to New Coke being in there.

...man, I really wish I could have gotten that New Coke, too. But I just couldn't afford it. It's my favorite drink, but if I ever had New Coke, it was fleeting and I was too young to remember. =(

Anyway, it's on my "if I get enough other stuff out of the way and have time for it" list. Right up there with the bulk of Star Trek and Doctor Who.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I've gleaned that much from people talking (and nitpicking) everything from the NES to New Coke being in there.

...man, I really wish I could have gotten that New Coke, too. But I just couldn't afford it. It's my favorite drink, but if I ever had New Coke, it was fleeting and I was too young to remember. =(

Anyway, it's on my "if I get enough other stuff out of the way and have time for it" list. Right up there with the bulk of Star Trek and Doctor Who.

New Coke basically tasted like Pepsi. I remember it, and I remember them getting lambasted at the time for making it taste like Pepsi.

Also, Stranger things is definitely worth a watch. Heck, you can binge everything but the final season right now on Netflix. It's a lot easier to get through this series than any of the longer Star Trek or Doctor Who series, although I would still recommend both of those franchises as well.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It took me forever to get into Stranger Things not because I didn't like the idea but because it looked like so exactly absolutely my jam that I was kinda hesitant feeling like I should wait till I had the right time to appreciate it.

When Season 3 was about to drop some good friends of ours decided to have a premier party and we basically had to binge Seasons 1 and 2 in a week to be up to date for the party.

It was really really good and we enjoyed it and Season 3 a lot.

-ZacWilliam, Haven't actually watched Season 4 yet though because even though we really liked the first three my wife is not a fan of scary shows in general and we keep putting it off. We need someone to throw another party...

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Somehow I've gone this long without having a damn clue about what it's even about because no one ever talks about that. Just how good it is and nostalgic references/product placements. Like, yeah, I could look up a synopsis, but at this point it's just more amusing to roll with the pop culture osmosis failure.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same. I hear it's good but I have never heard a single word of what it's about or of anything that happens in it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Likely because people who have seen it don't want to spoil it for those who haven't. It's too easy to give things away since each season is so short.

I originally went into it completely blind having no idea what it was about, other than the fact that it's both a horror series and one big loving tribute to the 1980s, and I feel it was better that I did since I could have easily been spoiled on major plot points had I looked it up beforehand.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The only thing I know about Stranger Things is it had a My Little Pony crossover toy that was packaged upside down. I don't know why, but one of my friends mothers had an extensive pony collection and was a big Stranger Things fan, and they knew I collected toys so they asked if I could find one for them. Wasn't hard, they were everywhere, so I got it and mailed it off.

...That's literally all I know...

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Having not seen Stranger Things it just seems like an

'80's style kids adventure series where they deal with supernatural stuff; with the twist of actually being set in the '80s and thus allowing it to drop a lot of nostalgic references for people in their 40's.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'd say that's accurate with the proviso that the intensity and horror is at time more than you'd get in a "kids adventure" the Tone can be Goonies-esque at times but it's equally likely to be King-esque suspense, horror and death.

-ZacWilliam, it's not a kid-aimed show despite having kids and teens as most of the main characters.

Lobjob

Citizen
If you haven't gotten any spoilers yet you definitely have to dive in. The summaries given so far in this thread are accurate. Its fun but also serious. You'll probably like it.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
As others have said, it's hard to describe Stranger Things without spoiling it. The only thing I would really add to what's already been described is that there is a fair amount of scientific experimentation without ethical consideration, of the rogue government agency variety, which obviously could never end in disaster...

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Without spoiling plot points:

Take
40% The Goonies
30% Steven King (Specifically say It, The Mist, and Firestarter)
10% E.T.
20% Everything Else About the 1980s

-ZacWilliam, Basically imagine Steven King wrote a season of a Goonies TV show to be directed by 80s Spielberg.
Well, I'm not familiar with the Goonies, so that falls a little flat, but...

As others have said, it's hard to describe Stranger Things without spoiling it. The only thing I would really add to what's already been described is that there is a fair amount of scientific experimentation without ethical consideration, of the rogue government agency variety, which obviously could never end in disaster...
Hearing that would've had me on-board from the start.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Without spoiling plot points:

Take
40% The Goonies
30% Steven King (Specifically say It, The Mist, and Firestarter)
10% E.T.
20% Everything Else About the 1980s

-ZacWilliam, Basically imagine Steven King wrote a season of a Goonies TV show to be directed by 80s Spielberg.
And possibly this.

Plus, the X-Files and Twin Peaks maybe?

Top Bottom