Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
The Republicans can't abolish term limits. It can't be done by Congress or the Supreme Court or by Executive order. It can only be done by a Constitutional amendment and they definitely don't have the votes.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Now "You don't have the votes - you don't have the votes" is running through my head on an endless loop.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
He doesn't think; he knows. The DOJ said so in as many words.
Oh right, I forgot to provide context for this because I'm used to literally all of my political news having come from here in the first place.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

Outright saying he wants to put the homeless in camps and use the National Guard to round up whoever he doesn't like.

I hate to endorse murder, but why hasn't anyone shot him yet?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Because the people likely to take an actual shot at him are all enamoured by him. The left doesn't assassinate it's political opposites.

Kup

Citizen

Outright saying he wants to put the homeless in camps and use the National Guard to round up whoever he doesn't like.

I hate to endorse murder, but why hasn't anyone shot him yet?
DS9 called and wants its 2024 prediction back.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Even if Trump abolishes term limits, he's gotta die someday. And it'll probably be someday soon.

I can see DeSantis being willing to wait his turn.

If Il Douche somehow ends up back in control, DeSantis will be fighting against God Empress Ivanka and Hand of the King Kushner.
It'll be a repeat of The Death of Stalin, but nowhere near as hilarious.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Interesting development: The neighbor I told you about who had a TRUMP WON flag hanging on their house? They replaced it with a LET'S GO BRANDON one.

I wonder if they or someone they still consider human has been watching the hearings. Not that this Brandon person is probably any better than Trump, but... it's something.

Nevermore

Citizen
Interesting development: The neighbor I told you about who had a TRUMP WON flag hanging on their house? They replaced it with a LET'S GO BRANDON one.

I wonder if they or someone they still consider human has been watching the hearings. Not that this Brandon person is probably any better than Trump, but... it's something.
Not sure if serious or joking...

wonko the sane?

Citizen
There's a distinct difference between claiming that trump won an election he lost, and simply screaming obscenities at the guy who actually did win.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'm aware of the origins of "Let's Go Brandon" and I was indeed making a joke, but ironically I kinda think "eff Joe Biden" is a less offensive statement than the slogan they've morphed it into. Because it's their slogan, and implies endorsement for everything they stand for. In much the same way they're not entirely wrong to claim that "Black Lives Matter" has gone from being just a statement of fact to an implied endorsement of the problematic organization by that name.

Also Brandon Brown himself used it to launch a cryptocoin scam, so there's that.

But yes, as regards the moral standing of my neighbors, it's still a big step up if it indeed represents a repudiation of the lie it replaced.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I do believe he is referring to the embezzlement scandal associated with the higher ups in the actual BLM organization.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Didn't one of its leaders turn out to be antisemitic, too? Or am I getting my kinda-left-leaning organizations mixed up?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

A stupid grift their idol would be proud of. Except for the getting caught part.

Top Bottom