Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
There is one possible upside to continuing to drag our feet on this: If Trump continues to believe running is the only way to avoid prison (or worse), he'll have no choice but to run in 2024, even if he loses the primary to DeSantis. And he'll go hard. Hard enough that even if public sentiment in his own party continues to sour on him, he's guaranteed to split the vote and give Biden the win.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't expect DeSantis to challenge Trump in 2024. He's young enough that he can afford to wait his turn.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
If a member of the Republicult wins in 2024, there wont be a "turn" to wait. It'll be Game Over for term limits, and thereby free and fair elections, ever after.

If DeSantis wants it (and he does) he's gotta seize it now.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If the choice is desantis or trump for the right: free and fair elections end anyway. Desantis is no less of a power hungry monster and will simply finish the agenda trump laid out.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
If the choice is desantis or trump for the right: free and fair elections end anyway. Desantis is no less of a power hungry monster and will simply finish the agenda trump laid out.
I'd argue Desantis is worse. He's actually somewhat competent at enacting his agenda. Trump just bumbled his way through his presidency like he does just about everything else and simply relied on his odd anti-charisma to convince his underlings to do his bidding(which, thankfully, didn't always work).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
DeSantis' congressional experience makes a difference. I would argue he's actually more impulsive than Trump when it comes to tossing around red meat ideas because he watched a Fox segment or because some organization personally made him mad. But he understands the legislative process and is much more effective at getting his ideas turned into law without blowing up in his face.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
If a member of the Republicult wins in 2024, there wont be a "turn" to wait. It'll be Game Over for term limits, and thereby free and fair elections, ever after.

If DeSantis wants it (and he does) he's gotta seize it now.
Even if Trump abolishes term limits, he's gotta die someday. And it'll probably be someday soon.

I can see DeSantis being willing to wait his turn.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
There's two years till the next presidential run, and thanks to trump: campaigning never actually stops. If desantis wants it he has to act NOW, because trump will probably be announcing his candidacy soon: he thinks it will protect him from the looming threat of prosecution.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
There's two years till the next presidential run, and thanks to trump: campaigning never actually stops. If desantis wants it he has to act NOW, because trump will probably be announcing his candidacy soon: he thinks it will protect him from the looming threat of prosecution.
A touch of a side note, but relevant. Trump thinks that announcing his candidacy will protect him from prosecution. Not just becoming president. Some folks have talked like we've still got a couple of years to get these prosecutions taken care of. I'm not saying those people are wrong, but I am saying that Trump is aiming for protection rather sooner than that.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't imagine the lawsuit we'd get if his tiny little hands ever stumbled across this place. lol

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Don't you have to have a certain number of posts before the Politics and Religion forum becomes visible, or is that not applicable since the thing that happened?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Alright, so... wouldn't this be a good thing? Because CNN would have to prove they weren't lying about the big lie and trump lying: and it's actually pretty easy to do. Which means they are proving, in court, that trump was lying.

Isn't that a good thing for like everyone except trump at this point? Or is he assuming that his name and the threat alone will be enough to force compliance?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Considering his entire life is a string of bluffs, swindles, and lies, it's probably mostly hot air. That and, knowing the absolute stupidity of his fans, the accusation alone is enough. They'll just hear that liberal media is calling their orange savior a liar and run with it. After all, if decades of being publicly caught lying hasn't convinced them that he's a liar, why would this?

Top Bottom