Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The whole damn internet was a mistake, but Twitter especially.

Thing is, 100% of the people who actually used it and are planning to go somewhere else will just make wherever that is just as bad because the problem, ultimately, is people.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
For what it’s worth, I haven’t made any plans to go anywhere else. Certainly nothing I’m not already using.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I only use it to get screen caps off my PS4 and sometimes Switch, and I see no reason to engage with it any more than that.

For that matter, I only use Facebook to follow a couple of local hobby stores for posts about new Gundam deliveries.

I dip my toes in social media, but no more than that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Oh no someone posted a three-tweet thread. I have an account but somehow haven't figured out how to read threads. @threadreaderapp unroll!"

"Yes literally every response to this thread is somebody asking threadreaderapp for help but I am obviously not very observant. @threadreaderapp unroll!"

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I rarely if ever use my Twitter account. But I went ahead and deactivated mine as well.

Kup

Citizen
Several of the places I work require one active social profile. So I can’t delete Twitter. I’m also name squatting on several of my usernames so that no one else can claim them.

Twitter still sucks.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Not sure it would have mattered, unfortunately. He was impeached TWICE in congress for other stunts he pulled and BOTH times enough Republicans voted innocent to keep him in office.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just this week Republicans had primaries in Indiana and Ohio. Trump endorsed 22 candidates. A solid 22 out of 22 won. Trump's grip on the party is apparently as strong as ever.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Do understand that this one is the exception: every other candidate in every other race he's endorsed has lost, AND has driven up funding for the competition.

Kup

Citizen
Right, I mean the Republican nomination field here in Ohio was pretty stacked. Of the two, Josh Mandel and JD Vance has the strongest marketing campaign. I didn't know whether either of them were Trump-endorsed and the spread between the two was less than 88,000 votes. Vance only got 33% of the total vote, Mandel got 23% and the rest was divided up among the remaining candidates.

I don't see this as Trump grip as much as a marketing campaign, and *as a marketer* I feel Vance's beat Mandel. I'm not saying he's the right Senate choice for Ohio, but that between the two, Vance's felt more successful.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Vance was definitely Trump-endorsed (and by nearly all accounts, it absolutely made the difference in Vance's campaign). It's actually a pretty convoluted story, as Vance was a "never-Trumper" back in 2016.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Just this week Republicans had primaries in Indiana and Ohio. Trump endorsed 22 candidates. A solid 22 out of 22 won. Trump's grip on the party is apparently as strong as ever.
Do understand that this one is the exception: every other candidate in every other race he's endorsed has lost, AND has driven up funding for the competition.
So wait, how many states had primaries? How did 100% of Trump-endorsed candidates win in two states and then 0% of them win everywhere else? That feels... suspicious.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
This is what farron cousins has been saying for months now, but looking it: seems like trumpers are generally doing quite well. So I don't know what to ******* believe any more.

Top Bottom