Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

wentwood

Citizen
Doctor Who XXX
The End Of Time Parts 1 And 2

The Master creates a Master race and maybe the Toy Maker may either do this or find a way to mind control every one.

Or else create a new reality.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Saw The Star Beast this morning.

That was a wild start.

There is one thing I considered however after seeing this -

Donna and Rose flushed their time lord energy out of their bodies -

Donna had wanted to travel with the Doctor again.

As for Rose she wanted a regular girl life. Now she can.

Donna flushing out her time lord energy

She wanted to keep traveling with the Doctor and she can.

Even if Donna and Rose flushed out their time lord energy the Toy Maker may yet have a more dangerous end game in mind like what happened with the Master in the 3 part Series XXIX finale Utopia - The Last Of The Time Lords.

Doctor Who XXX
The End Of Time Parts 1 And 2

The Master creates a Master race and maybe the Toy Maker may either do this or find a way to mind control every one.

Or else create a new reality.

First, we have no firm evidence that the Toymaker is in any way connected to the events of this story. At this point, it's merely a theory, and we won't know for certain for a little over a week.

Second...you couldn't have put all of that in one post? You had to spread it between three?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
First, we have no firm evidence that the Toymaker is in any way connected to the events of this story. At this point, it's merely a theory, and we won't know for certain for a little over a week.

Second...you couldn't have put all of that in one post? You had to spread it between three?
On mobile, the GUI is a bit clunky, especially for editing previous posts, IMO. I've posted something and then wanted to reply to other posts but couldn't find an easy way to add it all to my last post, so I've just created a new reply. Not really a huge problem though.

Shadewing

Citizen
The best part of this episode:
Wilf! I knew his actor had died; so I thought he wouldn't be included. I thought the bit about him last episode was just them not wanting to kill the character off despite the actor not being around. But my god, seeing him at the end of the episode is SUCH a joy, knowing that Bernard got to reprise his role one last time before death. That really makes this whole reunion complete; with how big a part of things he was.

wentwood

Citizen
Saw this week's episode on Dailymotion.

Admittedly that one was a little weird honestly.

However given 14 and the connection to last series I wonder if the 15th Doctor will find a way to repair the Flux.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
So thinking more on the episode beyond "wow that was ******* creepy" I do have to say I really am loving how its been like 15 years but Donna still is just like... just Donna. like in all the best ways. Donna was always one of my favorite companions. She wasn't there swooning over the Doctor wanting to get into his timey wimeys, shes just a bestie and shes down to clown if said clowning needs to happen.

I think its why I like Bill, Amy, and Rory so much too. I mean yes Amy does have this thing with the doctor for a while but it pretty much goes away after she gets her relationship with Rory sorted out. Mostly they just are there to go on adventures and be clever in their own ways.

But yeah. Its sad there is only one more special to go, because honestly I've missed Donna. She always felt like 10's iconic companion.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Saw this week's episode on Dailymotion.

Admittedly that one was a little weird honestly.

However given 14 and the connection to last series I wonder if the 15th Doctor will find a way to repair the Flux.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if the damage from the Flux wasn't somehow undone by the end of the next special.

wentwood

Citizen
I'll be seeing the new run on Dailymotion on Sundays so I'll watch it there rather than blow 15 bucks a month just for Doctor Who.

I like Doctor Who but not 15 bucks a month worth just for that.

Disney + would have to have a ton of stuff up I'd want to see to justify the service.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'll be seeing the new run on Dailymotion on Sundays so I'll watch it there rather than blow 15 bucks a month just for Doctor Who.

I like Doctor Who but not 15 bucks a month worth just for that.

Disney + would have to have a ton of stuff up I'd want to see to justify the service.
Or you could pay 5 dollars a month and access the BBC iPlayer via a DNS/VPN service? Mind you, the iPlayer doesn't always work properly...

CrockAlley

Citizen
Regarding the damage caused by the Flux: The Master destroys a good portion of the universe in Logopolis, and it was never repaired.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Regarding the damage caused by the Flux: The Master destroys a good portion of the universe in Logopolis, and it was never repaired.
Yeah, but it also got more of a reaction from the characters. At least RTD is having the Doctor acknowledge his trauma about the whole mess.

wentwood

Citizen
I'm wondering if we could see a sort of universal timeline reset of sorts when the 15th Doctor starts his run.

All the stuff up to The Giggle would be considered an alternate timeline as we ended up with in the 11th Star Trek movie. (Kelvin movie 1)

I was also thinking of X 5 First Class which was an alternate timeline of sorts.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'm wondering if we could see a sort of universal timeline reset of sorts when the 15th Doctor starts his run.

All the stuff up to The Giggle would be considered an alternate timeline as we ended up with in the 11th Star Trek movie. (Kelvin movie 1)

I was also thinking of X 5 First Class which was an alternate timeline of sorts.

...no. Just...no.

Top Bottom