Thundercats - General Discussion (and some Silverhawks too, whynot)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So I rewatched the episode last night where Tigra is stuck in a cave that's rapi aging him and he needs Cheeyara to save him. It made me realize two things.

1. How did Panthro get there the same time as Cheetara? They both seemed more or less the same distance away when they saw the Swords call.

2. Isn't the Sword of Omens a rather inefficient calling beacon? Any time Lion'O uses it, every Thundercat able to answer the call will answer the call regardless of how important what they're doing is. Everyone gets there and it's like, "Thanks for coming, but I really only needed Cheetara." Panthro would be like, "Okay, fine. Now you can go all the way back and get the fuel that powers our defense system."

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen

Axaday

Citizen
Cover for Issue 2 reveals a new Thundercat!

It isn't Pumyra?

Badgertron

Citizen
So, in the dynamics of the Thundercats team, are the thunderkittens supposed to be "house cats", even though they'll grow up to be "big cat" species Thundercats?

Axaday

Citizen
So, in the dynamics of the Thundercats team, are the thunderkittens supposed to be "house cats", even though they'll grow up to be "big cat" species Thundercats?
They are wildcats. It is my school system's mascot.

I guess Calica is a housecat. But Thundercats never really paid much attention to scale of real animals. I am not sure exactly what Slythe and Monkian are, but jackals and vultures are small next to most of the animals represented by the Thundercats. If they care about scale, Liono, Tygra, and Bengali would be a lot bigger than Panthro, Cheetah, Pumyra, and Lynxo.

Caldwin

Citizen
Not surprised. It was a crap show that couldn't end quickly enough. I certainly wouldn't be caught dead looking at a fanmade community board for it.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2427.png

Well, I preordered this on BBTS. It says it should arrive sometime in March. It's March 3 now. So I'm guessing another 2 or 3 months I should get a shipping confirmation.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Yeah i think they were trying to get a bunch of stuff out of the factory by chinese new year so that stuff should be arriving to our shores soon. I think Wave 3 of Silverhawks is right on its heels.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Thundercats #2 is out!

It's good! I think I might even like this one a little better than the first issue, if I'm being honest. It gives us a better idea of what the ongoing plot for this first arc will be. I'll just say...we do get to meet that new Thundercat they were teasing.

So, I think if you enjoyed the first issue, you'll probably enjoy this one too.

It does feel like they're doing the 2011 series thing of setting up WilyKit with Lion-O a little. She's...very understanding of his feelings about getting prematurely aged up. Feels like they're planting seeds for a future relationship, maybe.

They're still teasing Tigra and Cheetara having a little relationship, too. It's mostly body language this issue, but it's there. Cheetara's flirting with him, and he doesn't seem to notice. The lucky *grumble*.

And, yeah, I like Calica's design. But...she's gonna pull a heel turn. She's pretty clearly being set up as part of Mumm-Ra's scheme. Given how much they've hyped her up online, I'm pretty sure she's a real character, though. I don't think this is Mumm-Ra pretending to be a Thundercat, again, like with Pumm-Ra.

Last edited:

Top Bottom