The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
If you've been relying on Twitter to get weather alerts of all things, something is very wrong with the world.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
FsJpGo_XwAEtcav.jpg

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
You know what I realized I haven't heard about in a long time? Those hexagonal NFT avatars. They were introduced before Elon took over, people made a big stink about them at the time, and then everyone just kind of forgot about them. Do they still exist? Has Elon made any attempts to get people to buy them?

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Twitter wasn't selling the NFTs themselves, it was just a way to display existing NFTs as your Twitter avatar.

The hexagonal avatars still exist, though they're of limited use to tell who to avoid, because they require having twitter blue, which is a more universal indicator of who to avoid.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Twitter wasn't selling the NFTs themselves, it was just a way to display existing NFTs as your Twitter avatar.

The hexagonal avatars still exist, though they're of limited use to tell who to avoid, because they require having twitter blue, which is a more universal indicator of who to avoid.
Wow, so Twitter was hopping on a briefly-profitable but also widely-reviled trend in a way that wasn't even making them any money??? Yeah, I'm starting to see why the company was in such bad shape financially that they were desperate to sell themselves off.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Twitter wasn't looking to sell themselves off though. Oh sure, they were entertaining buyers but every company does that. It's just what you do in capitalism. Elon came along and wanted a seat at the High Table and was told to go hug himself. That's what made him put in the bid. And then try everything in his power to back out once he realized it was going to cost him.

Ironbite-and it's going to continue to cost him.

Ironbite4

Citizen
He's "paying" for these not out of the goodness of his heart but so they'll notice him. His response to Stephen King's tweet was just....so cringy.

Ironbite-can't wait to read him get torn apart by an eldritch being and never mentioned again in the next book though.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen

I think he genuinely thinks being on twitter is what gives news outlets legitimacy rather than the other way around.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
He's an asshole is what he is.
A bully who uses his money and companies to push around anyone he can.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He's the king of the Internet Trolls, has been for a long time. Unlike MOST internet trolls, he has the money to take it to the next level.

Top Bottom