The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Shadewing

Citizen
I mean, part of their issue is they already fired most the people that know how the sausage is made, and the ones left only barely grasp the concept while others, including the man in charge, just wonders why they can't just buy it from the store.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
"The engineers I am bringing back are weak, lazy, and unmotivated..." Gee, I wonder why. Surely it couldn't be because you just showed exactly how disposable you consider them to be.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
vgl6gUL.jpeg

Nevermore

Citizen
If anything, this is going to speed up Conservatives demanding a stricter regulation of Twatter.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Hanlon's razor notwithstanding, I think we're at the point where we should look into just what Musk stands to gain if Twitter completely shuts down. Like, is he personally getting paid by the Mastodon people, that sort of thing.

Shadewing

Citizen
I doubt it, Telsa's stock is now intrinsically linked to Twitter's success. If Twitter fails, Muskyboy has to sell Telsa just to cover his ass. Not speculation, litterally part of the agreement of the loans he took out to buy it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
"Move Fast and Break Things" applies a hell of a lot differently when you're comparing R&D and prototyping new tech or concepts, than it does when you're growing and operating a mature product... and I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the difference.

(Not to mention the whole FTC consent degree kind of frowns on the breaking things part)

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
It does appear that Musk has bitten off more than he can chew. Will this be what pushes him off center stage?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I doubt it, Telsa's stock is now intrinsically linked to Twitter's success. If Twitter fails, Muskyboy has to sell Telsa just to cover his ass. Not speculation, litterally part of the agreement of the loans he took out to buy it.
Watch Jeff Bezos end up buying it and merging it with Rivian.

The upside is that it'll probably get that dumb Cybertruck canceled.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Performing the "scream test" on production systems of this scale can in no way go wrong....

(For those not familiar with the term, the scream test is where you have a piece of equipment that you can't figure out what it does, so as a last resort you shut it down and see who screams.)

Spoilers: he already broke the ability to get the confirmation code you need to export an archive of your data. And potentially something related to SMS 2FA.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
"I don't like this car dealer's attitude! I'll buy them out, fire all the mechanics, and then me and the sales staff can fix my car! What could possibly go wrong?"

Top Bottom