The Repaint Concept Thread

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
Bug Hunt #4
Saberhorn vs Stormshot & pals.
BH4.png

Shadewing

Citizen
Armada Blurr: Yeah this is kinda what I hope they do, but they said they wouldn't. But I think if you could remold him to transform "backwards" sorta like Universe Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, he'd be perfect; but even like this I don't think people would complain. It's a very similar looking vehicle mode, with a fairly similar transformation.

Animated Megatron: This just doesn't do it for me.

Snowcat: Honestly, I think the Seige mold would be a better starting point. Minivan, just doesn't work; but the cybertronian truck thing, yeah that's got more wiggle room imo.

Animated Hot Shot: I'd be kinda surprised if this didn't happen down the road. Ani Hot Shot in design is too similar to Armada for this to not work.

Armada Red Alert: Give him a gun that covers his hand, and yeah, this could work. I think I'd prefer a new mold ideally, but this isn't terrible.

Who?

Classics Megatron: Yeah, I'd buy that. I always felt that WFC Megatron looked like the Cybertronian mode of Classics Megatron.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd even settle for some non-transforming ones, so long at they had sufficient articulation.

A million times this. My go-to "I have birthday money to spend" trip to Kay-Bee toys used to be buying a Transformer and however many packs of Battle Beasts I could afford with what was left over. I didn't know until adulthood that they actually share the same fictional universe.

Lobjob

Citizen
Id be okay with non transforming ones too, but these core pretenders are a wonderful blue print.

I mean, we're getting rock lords. Lets go beasts.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Bug Hunt #4
Saberhorn vs Stormshot & pals.
View attachment 15918
Those look great, Saberhorn would look even better if they make Barrage and Stormshot shouldn't be forgotten.

These aren't mine, credit is in the images.

SRKI6e6.png

t8CWgm0.png

4zZGPk3.png
I want that Hot Shot, which I know I could do it myself with paint, but eh what do I look like? Someone not lazy? Classics color Megatron also looks really nice.

I appreciate what they went for with Signal Lancer, but why not use Soundwave's lamp post mode?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I appreciate what they went for with Signal Lancer, but why not use Soundwave's lamp post mode?
I'm guessing because the digibasher was using official Hasbro stock photography, which there is none for Siege Soundwave's lamppost mode.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Have I got some news for y'all!

Jesse Wittenrich has found and Tweeted a pic of Hasbro's old mock-up for Combiner Wars Ironclad. Who is Ironclad? Well, here's a quick history lesson:

Back in the Combiner Wars line, Hasbro had pretooled almost every Deluxe and Voyager mold with a second alternate head for later use of each mold. Most of these alternate heads saw use in the line, but some of them never saw the light of day. One such head was the pretooled head for the Rook mold. Originally, Hasbro had given the Rook mold a second head based on that of the Combaticon Brawl. Before the release of the Combaticons, Hasbro had planned to use the Rook mold for Brawl, but ultimately ended up making a completely new mold for Brawl instead (and one that didn't have a pretooled secondary head, but rather had a pretooled secondary drill turret instead).

When Hasbro decided to make a Combiner Wars giftset release of Computron, the original plan for that set was use the Legends class Groove mold to make Afterburner, while an all-new Technobot would replace Afterburner as a limb (just as Combiner Wars Rook had replaced Groove as a Protectobot limb). This is where Ironclad comes in, who would have been a redeco of Rook finally using the mold's secondary Brawl head. What's more, at RoboCon 2018, it was further revealed that the identity of Ironclad wasn't a whole new character as originally believed, but that he was actually meant to be a Trademark-friendly rename of Ironfist!

In the end, however, these plans fell through when Takara decided to make their own Computron (or "Computicon" in Japan) in the concurrent Unite Warriors line, and opted to heavily retool their Unite Warriors Deluxe-sized Groove mold into a Deluxe-sized Afterburner. Due to the relative closeness in timing, Hasbro was able to acquire the new Deluxe-sized Afterburner from Takara and add it to the Combiner Wars Computron giftset, nixing their original plans for a Legends class Afterburner and the replacement-limb Deluxe class Technobot Ironclad.

And now, after all this time, we finally have a look at what Hasbro had envisioned Ironclad (and its Brawl-based head) would look like... Right below an unrelated Tweet about a Rosanna mock-up:

0oHrrMj.jpg

ssg 4 life

Citizen
i was tossing around custom ideas over the weekend, and i got inspired to take my extra tr krok and turn him into croc master from gi joe. has anyone ever digibashed this?

Top Bottom