The Official Allspark Bluey Thread

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I did think it was odd that Bingo looked like Brandy, except she doesn't. Bingo still looks like Chili more. But it really was an odd thing to say. Like, you being a spitting image of your aunt instead of your mom.

That ep would have been great even with just the onsie attacks. Like, Bandit got eaten, omg, haha

Edit - I think I prefer that Onsie ep over more overt trauma type eps like Space and Stickbird.

Space weirded me out. I thought it was parallel to self harm or worse. I wasn't sure what to think about it at first.

Stickbird was just tough to see Bandit being less than awesome.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
PLOT THEORY!!!!

is it possible that Bandit is NOT Bandit and Chili’s kid??? This video just blew my mind.

Eh. That ep was about Brandy being infertile or otherwise not being able to have kids of her own. There are cases where you resemble family members that are more distantly related. My parents say that I look a lot like one of my dad's cousins. I hardly resemble my mom at all.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They do call her Aunt Frisky then, but only once. So I guess we will have to wait and see what this one is about.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
You're not crying, I'M CRYING!

...Wait...

Okay, um, given there are different ways to watch episodes, I guess everyone might be on different spots. But...just go watch "Ghost Basket" and "The Sign". It's...important.

Okay, first off, I guess this was NOT the series finale.
Even though, this all does have big "series finale" energy, given all the talk about "endings" in the episode, itself. And, yes, I DID have to look this up IMMEDIATELY after watching the special, because I really wasn't sure one way or another.

But, it is going on a hiatus.

I honestly was not expecting this kind "continuity" with Bluey of all shows, but that cliffhanger ending at the end of Ghost Basket got me. I'll admit that.

And The Sign is such a emotional roller coaster. I should not be so invested in a preschool show, but here we are. I"m kind of emotionally devastated for no good reason.

I thought there was NO WAY we could actually have the Heelers move, since we've spent so long building up all these different neighbors and kids. And with the flashes into the future that we've seen.

And...there isn't. The Heelers don't move. But...they got close.

Ugh...this was good, though. Bingo not quite getting it until almost the end. Bandit taking down the sign. Ugh...my heart.

I do wonder if the show will change after this, though? A time-skip, of some kind? I kind of don't want them to do that. But...well, Bluey sitting in the front seat DOES kind of point to these kids aging up at least somewhat as the show goes on.

And given some of some other shows that go on "hiatuses" *gestures over at the Amazing World of Gumball*, I'm not sure how this will turn out.

I mean, I imagine the studio who makes the show was originally contracted out for 3 seasons. And now that they've probably fulfilled that original order, they'd have to renew their contract. And given this show has become a international success, I imagine the studio wants to renegotiate for a higher budget for whatever the next order would be. And that might lead to a few disagreements between the animation studio and BBC or Disney. Those renegotiations might be a bit rocky.

I guess...We'll see.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Thanks for the heads up! I wouldn't have looked up the new eps otherwise.

Ghostbasket, I do luv seeing Rita and Janet again. They're great characters in their own right, haha. The term Ghostbasket sounds pretty close to Ghostbusters so I thought they were going that way. Still, surprise ending. It was weird.

Sign, well, I didn't expect the Monsterverse crossover. I mean, with Godzilla x King Kong, having Mothra terrorize them was frightening and amazing! Bobo almost didn't survive the attack, gasp! Hehe

The implication with Bluey's situation with Bobo, huh, I didn't think about that. Good observation. It's certainly going to be odd in the future if they do do that. I also thought the same way, with the double sized episode. It worried me.

Also what in the world was that pause with Chilli thinking? Whaaaaaa?!?! Haha

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Crap, I didn't realize that Ghost Basket was a new episode too.

We watched the Sign and loved it!

So Frisky and Rad hadn't gotten married yet after all! Notice that the kids still call her Aunt before the ceremony so I guess they just knew that she would be their aunt and that was good enough for them in the Christmas episode.

I had forgot about the four or five times that they showed a bit of the future with kids growing up with their friends. So honestly I was expecting them to move. New house, new city, new characters. I guess this Job situation is what Bandit was pre-occupied with on their beach trip. I honestly loved the whole let's see luck thing happening, causing the sheep dogs to not buy their house.

Bobo! They named the car! :) I loved how they looked up the law to allow Bluey to sit in the front, and how they even mention it again with the police. I like how the officer was like, "man I guess I should have known that", and Chili was like, "no, even I had to look it up."

How did they miss Frisky's car two spots over from them? Sure there was a truck there between them, but they were looking in the lot specifically for her car.

Loved the whole sign double meaning leading Chili to find her. Telling that Rad found her too, more reason why they should be together. Love his attitude on getting a new job.

Let us not glance over the best cameo of the wedding though, BRANDY WAS PREGANANT!!!!!!!!!!

The ceremony was great as was the after party. Poor Bingo finding out on moving day what it entailed.

Bandit pulling the sign up and immediately getting Love-tackled by Chili was epic! Like I would have loved to see them move and have to deal with that, but this was great too.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This episode actually has a TON of little references to past episodes that are kind of easy to miss.

Brandy is pregnant. I'm glad it finally happened for her.

Socks is now speaking in full sentences.

Grandpa Bob finally shows up in the present day.

The Grandparents floss.

Greenie the balloon from "Mum School" can be seen in the background.

Two of Bluey's classmate's parents seem to be getting together in a background story of the show. "Our mum likes your dad". The sheepdogs seem to be buying one of their houses as they move in together.

The blue butterfly from "Slide" returns to help out Bingo again.

And I'm pretty sure EVERY character who's appeared in the show so far gets at least a cameo appearance.

I don't know, it feels like the writers are basically saying that even though the one BIG thing didn't change, a lot of other smaller things are going to start changing.

And I kind of like that, in a way. A lot of things are going to change...but not EVERYTHING. Some things get to stay.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We watched Ghostbasket last night, and loved it!

Janet and Rita showing up again was great, but their hijinks weren't up to par. Pretty much Ghost basket is just a prequel to the Sign.

Rewatched The Sign afterwards, and thoroughly enjoyed it again.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Yeah, there was a lot happening in the get together at the end that I forgot them.

I actually liked a lot of Bluey in Bobo. That really could have been an episode by itself. And probably was, before they combined it.

---
Anyhow, I visited my brother in Melbourne and went crazy looking for a single Bandit figure. I didn't want to get a big vehicle so I ended up getting him with a tie.

20240419_195651.jpg

(The robots in the back are my brother's)

I saw a Pass the Parcel fourpack with Lucky's Dad but I left it on the shelf. NOW I'm feeling like I want to go back to get him, cuz he's one of my favorite characters and his set has a Bluey, while this Work Bandit has Bingo. (But then I'd have two Bingo's)

I'm telling myself if we go by the store again and if he's still there, I'm totally getting him, haha

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I saw a Pass the Parcel fourpack with Lucky's Dad but I left it on the shelf. NOW I'm feeling like I want to go back to get him, cuz he's one of my favorite characters and his set has a Bluey, while this Work Bandit has Bingo. (But then I'd have two Bingo's)

Double Bingos! How awesome is that!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
You can always pretend that the second Bingo is Bluey pretending to be Bingo from "Mini Bluey".

...Wait, is there a toy of that for real? That seems like such a easy recolor.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
And one last surprise in...well, "Surprise".

This is probably going to be the last episode of Season 3. And I'm not even going to spoil it. Just letting people know it exists.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw in Australian news yesterday that there was a Bluey day in Britain? There was a mascot and a band playing the Bluey theme song. They also announced the Surprise ep.

I'll watch it later.

Aaaaand I went back and got Lucky's dad, haha.

Can't take the party hats off of Bluey and Bingo, boo. So I can't recolor that Bingo to mini Bluey, oh well.

20240423_181200.jpg

And also Cheetor and a Primal. I didn't see a Silverbolt.

Now if there was a Rusty cricket set with little sister Dusty and his older brother (forgot his name), I would get that.

Is there?

Edit - Saw Surprise. I can't believe the violence level of the ep! All the merciless shooting! I want that gear, even if it's unrealistic, haha. Also, is there name?

Last edited:

Top Bottom