The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

Shadewing

Citizen
I mean, we technically got a Trilogy anyways; with Hyrule Warriors 2 being a prequel, even if it leads to an alternate timeline.

Glitch

Citizen
The 'souped up' Breath of the Wild they mentioned may just be an example of the kinds of backwards compatibility to expect for some Nintendo games like Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Odyssey, as in a update allowing you to play them in 4K resolution similar to the old Xbox One X or PS4 Pro enhanced games.
Unless it was Breath of the Wild with ray tracing like some mods seen on Youtube.
If they do do that, I hope they encourage certain developers to have a second crack at Doom Eternal, Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 and Mortal Kombat One.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The 'souped up' Breath of the Wild they mentioned may just be an example of the kinds of backwards compatibility to expect for some Nintendo games like Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Odyssey, as in a update allowing you to play them in 4K resolution similar to the old Xbox One X or PS4 Pro enhanced games.
Unless it was Breath of the Wild with ray tracing like some mods seen on Youtube.
If they do do that, I hope they encourage certain developers to have a second crack at Doom Eternal, Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 and Mortal Kombat One.

I am fully expecting them to do remastered Switch games for the new system. Gets idiots like me to buy it twice. :)

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I am fully expecting them to do remastered Switch games for the new system. Gets idiots like me to buy it twice. :)
Hey, it worked for Skyrim and GTA5 and Nintendo already kinda dipped their foot in the water with several enhanced ports of WiiU games on the Switch. Some of which even got additional DLC after being ported to the Switch.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Do y'all think the online finally shutting down on the Wii U and 3DS in April will mean Nintendo finally ports Xenoblade X to the Switch or nah?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I feel like a port is coming at some point. It's the ONLY big Wii-U game that hasn't gotten ported over to the Switch yet. And Monolith has probably been working on SOMETHING since Xenoblade 3 finished up. Then again, if the "Switch 2" is coming soon, maybe they'll just wait for that, at this point?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I feel like a port is coming at some point. It's the ONLY big Wii-U game that hasn't gotten ported over to the Switch yet. And Monolith has probably been working on SOMETHING since Xenoblade 3 finished up. Then again, if the "Switch 2" is coming soon, maybe they'll just wait for that, at this point?
The Wind Waker HD: Am I a joke to you? lol

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, okay, I'm exaggerating a little. There's a handful of Wii-U games that haven't gotten Switch ports yet. Like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse or Yoshi's Wooly World. But, Xenoblade Chronicles X feels like one of the bigger ones that should have gotten a port at some point and just hasn't yet. It's one of those games that I could see Nintendo surprising us with, just to keep us on our toes.

Last edited:

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Haha wild watching Miami Vice S2 E22 Trust Fund Pirates at the 27 min mark this chick is playing Mario Bros arcade but the sound is dubbed and it
Sounds like Jan Hammer the music composer dubbed over the music for the games own audio

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
This game comes out next month and we still only have a vague idea of the actual gameplay and we don't even know who the developers are.

What the hell is going on?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I really don't know, to be honest.

The gameplay seems to be a light beat-em-up/platformer hybrid with mini game elements. So, it is a little all over the place, seemingly.

This being Nintendo, I think maybe they just want the game to be a bit of surprise when it eventually releases. They don't want to give everything away in trailers. I feel like there's a least a handful of costumes/stages we won't see anything from until the game actually releases.

All I know for sure is...it sure looks pretty. And it's kind of piquing my interest as a bit of a Magical Girl Anime fan. Hopefully, it's good.

And a bit of a tangent: With the whole stage play motiff, the action platforming, and the focus on a bunch of different costumes, you know what it really reminds me of?

Balan Wonderworld.

Now, this is likely to be MUCH better than that game, but I have to wonder (heh) if there was some inspiration taken, here. Like they took one look at Balan and said "You know what? We could make that work. Let's show Yuji Naka how it's done!" So, I do wonder if this was a attempt of sorts to do Balan Wonderworld right. Because, I think everyone agreed there was a seed of a good idea in there. It was just the execution that fumbled everything.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Like they took one look at Balan and said "You know what? We could make that work. Let's show Yuji Naka how it's done!" So, I do wonder if this was a attempt of sorts to do Balan Wonderworld right. Because, I think everyone agreed there was a seed of a good idea in there. It was just the execution that fumbled everything.
Wouldn't even be the first time. Metroid Prime Federation Force was basically their take on Aliens: Colonial Marines, wasn't it?

Top Bottom