The Mini Game System Thread

wentwood

Citizen
Sega Genesis
NES
SNES
Play Station Classic Mini

The advantage to this is no loud fan or over heat issues with these systems.

I play Final Fantasy on it mainly VIA blue flash drives you stick in control port 2.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have the top three. They are neat systems that I setup for play mainly with my kids. I need to sit down with them and show them how to play some of these old classic games.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
None of the official ones, but I do have a Rasperry Pi that essentially operates as a multisystem.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I have the NES, SNES and Genesis ones.

I didn't get the PS one because it got such scathing reviews due the poor game selection, half-assed interface and (most importantly) PAL versions of games that even if you never played the originals you could tell they're not playing like they should.

I do like the other mini's though. Even though most of those games I may have several times over, it's nice to have these collections on a portable thing that even emulates the controller.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I got the Genesis one on Black Friday for about $30, and it was a nice thing to have setup in my bedroom on my old flat screen. (My 2006 model 42" Sharp 1080P HDTV that weighs 78lbs) The kids loved playing a few of the easier games like Ecco and Sonic.

Eventually my mother in law moved out and we couldn't get her tv unmounted from the wall, so I bought her a new one and we set up that room as a guest room/play room for the kids. So I had this crappy little amazon fire tv, so I got the Nes and SNES classic machines and hooked them up to that. Even back then, those were pricey units. I had to pay over retail for them used on eBay. The kids played those a little, but not enough to get hooked on them. I need to go in there and start playing the games more to show the how awesome they are.

I skipped on the Turbo Graphix and Playstation consoles as I really wasn't into the games that much. Plus the Playstation reviews were horrible.

wentwood

Citizen
I have a variant of the NES Mini and it has

Contra Trilogy
Double Dragon Trilogy
Donkey Kong Trilogy
TMNT Trilogy
Super Mario Bros Trilogy

Also I can play all 5 Tomb Raider games on PS Mini.

wentwood

Citizen
PS Mini

I picked up the the Tru Blu flash drives with 560 games on the five of them.

It's cool to be able to see all the main line games.

I got them to save shelf space.

My shelf is where I have PS 2 games.

On PS Mini I'm playing Final Fantasy IV and V from SNES and Final Fantasy VII and IX on PS 1.

I would like to finish Final Fantasy V in a few days.

Top Bottom