Superheroes

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I believe this is the greatest moment ever in the history of superhero movies:

The reveal could not have been pulled off any better. It was the greatest superhero payoff of all time.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
That's my understanding of it, anyway. They did the same thing for Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan, too.

Do people not like Hal Jordan because the comics made him out to be a child molester?

They seemed to keep trying to discredit Hal by replacing him with John Stewart in Justice League and Kyle Rayner in Superman the Animated Series.

Why do they keep trying to push Hal into the background and make us accept another chosen one Green Lantern?

Hal Jordan will always be “the” Green Lantern because he is the first one.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Hal Jordan gained immortality in the Super Friends cartoon, and was the clear choice for the DC movie.

He is the Lantern that everyone accepts as da’ man.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Kyle Rayner was the only Green Lantern who ever really interested me because he actually had the imagination to really USE the ring. For one thing, he was a comic artist in his day job, so his entire job was imagining and creating things. (Setting his own schedule also makes things much easier on a superhero than someone with a 9-5.) For another, while Hal kept manifesting boring things like giant fists and such, Kyle was one of us:

EbqGOrlVAAAbSXH.jpg

Patlabor!
EbqGUPsU8AAMN8k

I think this one was supposed to be an EVA unit from Evangelion?
EbqGPx2UwAEFW7A

This one might be reaching a little, but given the other references it could be a Gurren Lagann referance

EbqGXc7VcAMs21e

Don't think this is a referance to anything specific, but still giant robot.

He did more than robots of course, though, but like I said, one of us. He also was given a ring that WASN'T weak to yellow when he started, as he was the last(and only) Green Lantern at the time due to Hal snapping and basically taking down the organization. Hal may be he more powerful overall with his willpwoer and experiance, but Kyle is far more creative, so it's skill vs strength.

diamondgirl

Citizen
I would say the Golden Age of Batman stories are the best.

The Steve Ditko and John Romita Spider-man comics are the best.

I really can't choose who is better between Batman and Spider-man. They're very similar characters in that they're street-level superheroes at their core.

I like the fact that Batman employs a lot of technology and gadgets. I appreciate Spider-man because he is a minimalist superhero who seems to need nothing more than his webshooters and he can create all of these practical, useful, innovative webs.

diamondgirl

Citizen
This was my favorite and most epic Batman moment:

In many ways I like The Batman better than Bruce Timm's because here he's younger and more positive. I believe the events of The Batman cartoon series started after Year One. It had a beginning, middle, and an end, plus a great animated movie "Batman vs. Dracula" where he kills. I must admit I was initially turned off by this animated series and found it unwatchable because the character designs were too jarring, but once I was able to get past the different look of the show and the characters it became my favorite Batman series. It felt good and refreshing to see a hopeful, optimistic Batman.

diamondgirl

Citizen
The 90's were the best time for Superhero toys with Toy Biz, following the success of 80's cartoons in selling toys, teamed up with Fox Kids to sell "Batman: The Animated Series", "X-men: The Animated Series" and "Spider-man: The Animated Series" toy lines which all succeeded, rejuvenated those characters, and spawned future toylines and video games that persist to this day. Batman actually saved Marvel which was about to go bankrupt by showing them their marketing strategy for Batman 1989, Batman Returns, and Batman: The Animated Series.

diamondgirl

Citizen
I did not like what they did to Superman in Bruce Timm's Justice League. He was totally useless when the Hawk people invaded Earth. Amazo ate Superman's lunch. Superman is supposed to be omnipotent. He can kill Dr. Manhattan. Kyle Renner had to save Superman from Sinestro. Shazam almost beat Superman. Metallo, a villain who can't fly, used him to play soccer. The Flash had to step in to defeat Lex Luthor, when Superman historically is just as fast as the Flash, maybe even faster because he can fly.

diamondgirl

Citizen
I've been watching "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes", "Avengers Assemble", "Ultimate Spider-man", and "Hulk and the Agents of Smash".

The combination of these cartoons are better than the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and perhaps better than the DC Animated Universe because it's more fun and light-hearted.

Individually, the "Ulimate Spider-man" and "Hulk and the Agents of Smash" are not that good, but combined with the other two Avengers cartoons, I think they may have created the best incarnation of Marvel characters ever.

Top Bottom